Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20% off action figures at TRU

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's sad to see that the over-priced Thundercracker ends up being $48, which is still just $1-2 off the normal price of the Studio Series Voyagers.
    The same with Barricade, as it was only about 10% more expensive than Bumblebee in America and Japan, and yet it ended up being 20% more than Bumblebee, resulting in this week's discount bringing it down to the same price as Bumblebee.
    MPM-3 Bumblebee - 9,000yen - $148 at Zing
    MPM-4 Optimus - 15,000yen - $198 at Zing
    MPM-5 Barricade - 10,000yen - $180 at TRU

It's almost like ToysRUs priced Barricade and Thundercracker to make sure that they still got to sell them at "full price" for at least their first week before the discounting started to eat into their profit margin.
    A silly and greedy strategy that is the final nail to their coffin.
    They should conduct market research and understand the changing times... too late now anyway.

Yeah, I really don't see what they're trying to do with that Barricade pricing. Don't you want to try and get rid of as much of your stock as possible?

No. They first want to get as much money as possible then get rid of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Don't you want to try and get rid of as much of your stock as possible?

It's not wrong that they make at least some effort towards their creditors. At the end of the day it's not TRU that's gonna take a bath on the loss of funds since they've filed for bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by zzyss View Post
    It's not wrong that they make at least some effort towards their creditors. At the end of the day it's not TRU that's gonna take a bath on the loss of funds since they've filed for bankruptcy.
    I see, that makes sense.

Just saw a TV commercial for the close down sale, think they had an Optimus Prime as one of the toys but was watching out of the corner of my eye.

Galvatran Guest

Was wondering... at what % off would you open your wallet/purse? 30%, 40%, 50% or more.

it isn't about discount % for me at the moment, they just don't have anything i really want!

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Was wondering... at what % off would you open your wallet/purse? 30%, 40%, 50% or more.
    Once they get to the 25-30% mark I will go in for a look but only purchase if they have specific figures we want/need.

I did go in to the Castle Hill one for a look the other day when it was only 15-20% off Transformers and quite a few people were picking them up as gifts to put away for their kids so will be interesting to see what is left if it gets to the point I am tempted to go in and seriously look.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's almost like ToysRUs priced Barricade and Thundercracker to make sure that they still got to sell them at "full price" for at least their first week before the discounting started to eat into their profit margin.
    Im glad for the insight into Tcrackers pricing. I had no intention of picking him up then saw pics on FB and thought he looked really cool, so went on the TRU website to grab one. The website however is all but shut down now. You can't leave the home page and all the home page displays are large adds for the latest closing down sales.