Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To get or not to get

Default To get or not to get

I am a mint in box collector and have set out to purchase and keep for eternity the complete 2007 movie series. I am having a little trouble opening my wallet these days to buy repaints and the all spark line etc etc.

Im not sure if I will regret not buying them later. MMMM At what point do you draw the line in the sand and say enough is enough?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

When your missus walks out the door coz you can't afford dinner after buying the fifth repaint of Arcee.

Camshaft was where I said enough's enough. It was the first Movie toy where I said, "no I just don't like the look of it and I hated the original toy I'm not going to buy it."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    When your missus walks out the door coz you can't afford dinner after buying the fifth repaint of Arcee.
    I like your sense of humor DD or are you realy talking from experience?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by To Punish & Enslave View Post
    I like your sense of humor DD or are you realy talking from experience?
    Almost mate.
    Last edited by griffin; 19th February 2008 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Part removed due to unnecessary content.

i say you should buy them as it will slowing eat at you sending you mad. always because you were to tight to get that repaint.........
    Last edited by The_Damned; 18th February 2008 at 11:33 AM.

I'm with Paulbot. Camshaft was pretty much the last straw for me. And it's not an issue of money. It's an issue of exploitation. I, as a fan. don't want to buy inferior rrepainted toys where there isn't even an attempt to make this figure more appealing in any other way (rename, new weapon etc.). Do I need Jungle Bonecrusher? Hell no. I need Voyager or Leader Bonecrusher, damn it.

Even more importantly, there's a lot of other TFs I could throw my money at on eBay rather than crappy moulds that should never have even seen the light of day.

Finally I also don't feel like my collection's missing anything if all it's missing is an fugly repaint of the same said character. I mean, I'm not going to look back and go "drat, I wish I had bought that really crap repaint. Why didn't I throw my money away?"

Why bother wasting money on a whole lot of toys that are in no way even remotely related to the movie (or TF universe) apart from their packaging? And, IMHO, aren't even that good anyway.
    Most of these toys are just that - toys. They will never be "characters" in a movie, comic, cartoon, etc (although they may share the name of an established character). Do you know what I mean?
    I like my TFs with personality as well.
    If we stop buying every repaint and crappy mold, maybe, just maybe, Hasbro will get the message... Because at the moment they think we will gobble up any rubbish they put out with an Autobot/Decepticon logo on it.
    Besdies, there will be another movie shortly, and another huge range of merchandise (with no doubt another million crappy repaints!).

Thanks for letting me vent.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Why bother wasting money on a whole lot of toys that are in no way even remotely related to the movie (or TF universe) apart from their packaging? And, IMHO, aren't even that good anyway.
    Most of these toys are just that - toys. They will never be "characters" in a movie, comic, cartoon, etc (although they may share the name of an established character). Do you know what I mean?
    If we stop buying every repaint and crappy mold, maybe, just maybe, Hasbro will get the message... Because at the moment they think we will gobble up any rubbish they put out with an Autobot/Decepticon logo on it.
    Besdies, there will be another movie shortly, and another huge range of merchandise (with no doubt another million crappy repaints!).

wasnt he in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post

QFT with the exception of Landmine. With that awesome battle mask style face and that kick ass gun I had to get him