View Poll Results: AA Tomahawk - worth buying?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 61.90%
  • Only if cheap

5 23.81%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Not interested

2 9.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - AA Tomahawk

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    did u find it?
    No I tried googling various combinations of comanche and transformers and art and didn't find it. If someone knows the picture I'm talking about please post it (the picture is essentially a robot very similar to Tomahawk, right down to arm pincer and alt mode, on a battlefield).

Also I've not found it now at any of the four Target's I've been to.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Target appears to have missed wave 2, which isn't surprising if there is an extended delay after one wave... different stores end up with different waves at the same time.
    So will Target get Wave 2 eventually? or will they just skip it for good?

If they are receiving wave 3 from Hasbro, then it means other store-chains already have all of their wave 2 stock. The only way Target would end up having wave 2 figures now is if those figures are re-released in a later wave.
    If we don't see other chains (other than Toyworld that is) it is likely that Toyworld direct imported that wave (unintentionally, as they may have just ordered at the right time), and Hasbro AUS totally missed it (they had so much wave 1 stock, by the time they needed more stock from the factory, they probably missed the release of wave 2).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If they are receiving wave 3 from Hasbro, then it means other store-chains already have all of their wave 2 stock. The only way Target would end up having wave 2 figures now is if those figures are re-released in a later wave.
    If we don't see other chains (other than Toyworld that is) it is likely that Toyworld direct imported that wave (unintentionally, as they may have just ordered at the right time), and Hasbro AUS totally missed it (they had so much wave 1 stock, by the time they needed more stock from the factory, they probably missed the release of wave 2).
    So basically I should probably buy Wave 2 on sight considering that whatever stores have them may be the ONLY stores to have them and it may not be safe to assume other stores will stock them? Hmm, time to keep an eye out for Hailstorm and Sidesarm Sideswipe!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    No I tried googling various combinations of comanche and transformers and art and didn't find it. If someone knows the picture I'm talking about please post it (the picture is essentially a robot very similar to Tomahawk, right down to arm pincer and alt mode, on a battlefield).

Also I've not found it now at any of the four Target's I've been to.
    This one?

Yeah thats the one! Thanks.

Amazing piece of art. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    So basically I should probably buy Wave 2 on sight considering that whatever stores have them may be the ONLY stores to have them and it may not be safe to assume other stores will stock them? Hmm, time to keep an eye out for Hailstorm and Sidesarm Sideswipe!
    Not necessarily, but don't hold out too long just in case. Someone found wave 2 in a Target in NSW, and they are appearing in Myer as well, so perhaps Hasbro AUS did manage to get a small number in, and it has just taken time to work their way through the warehousing system of the storechains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    what movie was that for 1 2 or 3?

i loves it!

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    what movie was that for 1 2 or 3?

i loves it!
    IIIRC it's a fan entry (Josh Nizzi) for an art contest, I think (but not totally sure) the same one where the guy who designed Long Haul got picked up by Bay. EDIT-TFWiki entry here.
    Just looked it up, it's the same guy who did Long Haul - site here.

Re the toy: Dear Hasbro, please recolor this toy into a modern Rotorstorm. That is all.
    -Odie.

I was personally hoping for Whirl or maybe even Spinger, but the repainted head looks like BW Quickstrike.