Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Transformer toy of 2015

Default Favourite Transformer toy of 2015

With 2015 done and 2016 here, I found myself trying to decide which Transformers toy of 2015 was my favourite.

So my question is what was your favourite Transformer toy of 2015?

For me it was very hard to choose... but I went with MP Ultra Magnus.

Runners up
    CW Devastator, MP Tracks, CW Ultra Magnus

Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus, no questions asked.

Maybe also note/explain your most disappointing toys for 2015 as well, or the ones that you refused to buy for being obvious disappointments to the brand last year?

We usually have a "best and worst" topic, so since you've started the "best of", I don't think we need a separate "worst of".

Also know that you can use this discussion topic to prepare yourself for the Ozformers awards, as there are some categories for your favourites in there as well.... or to explain the choices you voted for.

Well Here I go:

Best toy I acquired this year:
    RID Omega Prime
    Runners Up: Armada Unicron, RID Rail Racer

Best 2015 toy I acquired this year:
    YOTG Soundwave
    Runners up: CW Devastator, CW Defensor

Worst toy I acquired this year:
    RID Underbite
    Runners Up: Energon Wing Saber, Armada Side Swipe

Worst 2015 toy I acquired this year:
    RID Underbite
    Runners Up: RID Strongarm (deluxe), CW Optimus
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe also note/explain your most disappointing toys for 2015 as well, or the ones that you refused to buy for being obvious disappointments to the brand last year?

We usually have a "best and worst" topic, so since you've started the "best of", I don't think we need a separate "worst of".

Also know that you can use this discussion topic to prepare yourself for the Ozformers awards, as there are some categories for your favourites in there as well.... or to explain the choices you voted for.
    I wanted to keep it positive

Best: CW Deadend/Streetwise/Prowl/Smokescreen, such a nice mold I just wish Deadend wasn't lumped with an exhaust pipe as a weapon.

Runners-up: RID deluxe Fracture, Megatronus and CW Hotspot all three have really simple and elegant conversions.

Worst: CW Breakdown. Stumpy legs, skinny arms and a chunky torso

Runner-up: deluxe Strongam, didn't buy her until the end of the year and with money I was given for Christmas. Wish they just up-sized the legion figure instead.

CW Prowl, regardless of its retool status, is a magnificent figure, beautiful. CW Silverbolt and Swindle were up there in terms of being extremely faithful and character-emotive, beyond being good figures in their own right.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

MP Ultra Magnus all the way! Followed by Takara's Legends Ultra Magnus.

Also finally got my hands on the MP-10 reissue with trailer, and was completely underwhelmed by it! Not sure why, just wasn't feeling it! Granted I was never really a Prime fan, but I was never really a Magnus fan, and yet the Magnus figures blew me out of the water!

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Also finally got my hands on the MP-10 reissue with trailer, and was completely underwhelmed by it! Not sure why, just wasn't feeling it! Granted I was never really a Prime fan, but I was never really a Magnus fan, and yet the Magnus figures blew me out of the water!
    MP10 is nice as a set, but as far as being a stand alone MP action figure is concerned, MP-1 is still a much better toy. As Lord_Zed mentioned on another thread, I think that a lot of hype around MP10 is due to the fact that he scales with the MP Autobot Cars. So yay, he can carry the Cars in his trailer. But unless you care about this sort of thing, I'd absolutely recommend MP-1 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    MP10 is nice as a set, but as far as being a stand alone MP action figure is concerned, MP-1 is still a much better toy. As Lord_Zed mentioned on another thread, I think that a lot of hype around MP10 is due to the fact that he scales with the MP Autobot Cars. So yay, he can carry the Cars in his trailer. But unless you care about this sort of thing, I'd absolutely recommend MP-1 instead.
    I already have MP-2 from way back in the day, so am more than happy with that!

That said, if that Weijiang upscale KO MP-10 were to be released in Magnus colours, well, i'd be all over that!