Page 36 of 76 FirstFirst ... 162631323334353637383940414656 ... LastLast

Thread: LEGO

Is there a reason why the Lego Castle sets suck so much? I remember the classic stuff was so much better. These days, a lot of the castles look like incredibly underwhelming. I saw that Skull castle last week or something and it was barely even a castle. Seeing an online auction of a real castle makes me very unhappy.

(And yes this affliction is taking hold of me!)
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I reckon castle is the best of the modern lego lines. But thats just my opinion.

It's true that, for their price and box size, many lego kits these days are very underwhelming. The size of the boxes being the most misleading attribute. The Skull tower isn't really a 'castle' sized kit, more of a 'tower' kit. The actual kings castle set is the largest castle set in the current line but I don't expect it to be any less underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Is there a reason why the Lego Castle sets suck so much? I remember the classic stuff was so much better. These days, a lot of the castles look like incredibly underwhelming. I saw that Skull castle last week or something and it was barely even a castle. Seeing an online auction of a real castle makes me very unhappy.

(And yes this affliction is taking hold of me!)
    I think it is because Lego is focusing more on the facade of the castle, and actually most sets. I remember some of the older Western Sets. The Fort Legorado (or something) was awesome because it looked good from all angles. Now, I find, that a lot of sets only look the part from the front. Some of the air-craft sets are good examples. They focus on the top down or front views, never/rarely doing much detail on the bottom of the hull. Usually just a bare flat piece that they used for a base.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I was looking at the Creator stuff at Target today (the car/truck one and particularly the three dinosaurs one) and it looks like it's really good. Would you legomen recommend it?

Ok I just read Stompy's comments on the Lego Acquisitions thread about the Dinosaur one and I think I'm going to be tempted to buy it.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 12th September 2008 at 08:37 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk9C7LeaXlw

pretty poor song, but the video clip has lego in it.. i like the break-dancing lego-bot

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was looking at the Creator stuff at Target today (the car/truck one and particularly the three dinosaurs one) and it looks like it's really good. Would you legomen recommend it?

Ok I just read Stompy's comments on the Lego Acquisitions thread about the Dinosaur one and I think I'm going to be tempted to buy it.
    yet again!
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

More reasons to love Wall-E.

So does anyone know when 4210: Coast Guard Platform (City - Coast Gaurd set) is going to hit the shelves? It's one of the last few Lego sets of this year that I want.

Well it says on the official website that its available now... hopefully it wont be a overseas store only release . looking at it, I'd like to get one as well
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by piratescratch View Post
    So does anyone know when 4210: Coast Guard Platform (City - Coast Gaurd set) is going to hit the shelves? It's one of the last few Lego sets of this year that I want.
    I've seen them at K-Marts.