View Poll Results: Will Trypticon battle your Metroplex/FM?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course.... I'm a completist

13 29.55%
  • Yes, can't wait for this awesomeness

17 38.64%
  • Only if the toy sales are good

7 15.91%
  • Once it hits clearance

4 9.09%
  • [Parent voice from childhood] how much??? No... Put it back... NOW!!!

3 6.82%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Trypticon

Default Toy Review - Titans Return Trypticon

TRYPTICON
    Series - Titan Wars
    Sub-line - none
    Size/class - Titan
    New/remould/redeco – NEW
    Wave - 2
    Released here - June 2017
    Approximate Retail Price – $298 (Big W)
    Approximate Size - Huge
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Space Cruiser or City
    Main Features/Gimmicks - City, Dinosaur, EATING AUTOBOTS HEADS!!!!
    Main Colours – Grey, Green, Purple with a splash of Orange
    Main Accessories – Full-Tilt, Necro, Full-Til's gun (Black for Hasbro version)

Vehicle Mode
    The space cruiser mode stays faithful to the original, except the ratchets are too loose... Try and fly and he takes on properties of the 12 letter without warning is it a bird? Is it a plane? No.... It's a flying L!!!
    Hang on.... That's basically the same as the Fort Max review! Unlike max, this guy pegs feet into the body to maintain shape and support Tryp's new bendable waste waist. Now comes with a through tunnel like Mr G1 Max, and a super sweet front opening to launch your invading army from once you arrive at the world you're about to conquer! Oh, and some cute little wings so you know it's a space ship and not just a mobile armoured base like G1

City Mode
    Man you really miss Brunt here.... Otherwise, huge, sprawling, and dying to get stickered.... But 10 billion times better than Metroplex (barely passable) and FM (Huge Failure!!!) were at replicating the G1 versions

Robot Dinosaur Mode
    Be honest.... This is why you will get Fort Max. Trypticon. And it's AMAZING!!! Head eating ability, GREAT!! And oh my lord.... They put 2 Titanmasters feet pegs just behind the mouth cannon.... And I got Broadside last week.... And what do you put on Broadsides little pegs? EXACTLY!!! Relive your favourite S3 episode and have Silverbolt fly directly into the mouth of the beast!!!

Much more "flexible"... An amazing update. No motorised action has freed the arms, freed the legs, and everything is finally moveable! Hard, fingers, feet, knees, hips.... Oh, and speaking of hips.... Unlike Metroplexes arm which was severed in the box, and then you permanently attached.... Both of Tryp's legs can be removed at will (but obviously don't overdo it.... But KEEP YOUR BOXES!!!)

And speaking of flexible... The bend in the middle was a total surprise to me! Also, very hard to do.... A massive ratchet must be inside or something, but I spent 10 minutes looking for a release button after the first huge crash noise. Seems like something that will wear out, but was very glad to see the spaceship mode lock into it to keep it stable when you need it solid. Anyway, it's like the way real T-Rex has changed from tail down head up to horizontal since we were kids.... Choose how YOU want him to stand!

There's also some old art I've seen before and loved of a cross section of Trypticon with Con's inside... Love Tryp's new innards and their intentional/unintentional nod to this by giving him internal levels (edited for clarification)

Full-Tilt & Necro
    Amazing update! And geez he is big! Bigger than Mindwipe! Apart from the thing behind the head, can not fault him!

Transformation
    Look to the sky. Rotate bow tie. Push tail forward. Lie down. Flip shoulders towards head. Press release buttons to unlock hips and at same time release sides from torso. Use hips as shoulders. Move various bits wherever your play space allows with the following notes:

For city, aim towers straight up.
    Split legs in half and spread as far as you can for total invasion of space.

For spaceship, flip out new spiffy wings.
    Lock heels into base of tail.

Overall
    This is amazing! Can not fault it, apart from how hard it is to hide from the wife! And all the stickers! But the way this has updated G1 to now totally outstrips anything in the TR line.... Hell CW even... This is Masterpeice scale MP-01 first impression amazingness!
    Last edited by Krayt; 13th June 2017 at 10:57 AM.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Unlike max, this guy pegs feet into the body to maintain shape and support Tryp's new bendable waste
    ...what, I wasn't aware of this

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    ...what, I wasn't aware of this

See how there is ABSOLUTLY NO WAY HE CAN LIE FLAT???

See the green behind his knee?

And just above the green.... The circle alone the back just behind/below the hip?

Put all that together, and bend he does!

And looking at Griffins AusTF pic.... Hasbro didn't realise this either...

That Studio Ox art is a nice little addition. Didn't expect that

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post

See how there is ABSOLUTLY NO WAY HE CAN LIE FLAT???

See the green behind his knee?

And just above the green.... The circle alone the back just behind/below the hip?

Put all that together, and bend he does!
    Oh, OH, OOOOH, bendable waist not "waste", I thought it was an accessory to better roleplay what happens when he eats titan masters...bummer

Still that I didn't know either so that's nifty

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    That Studio Ox art is a nice little addition. Didn't expect that
    To clarify.... There is no art on Tryp.... It's the different internal levels inside I was referring too... (Edited the post I was rushing as we cooked dinner)

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

All of that talk in the review about floppy Autobot Titan joints has made me revaluate that carefully angled fight pic above. Look at Metroplex's skinny little knee. Sweep the leg Trypy!

Also on reviewing the above pic.... Straight legs and standing straight, Tryp gets to just over FMs right shoulder (not compartment side).

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...ticon.1110672/

Not a good look. But front on Metroplex is at his beefiest. There will be a way to pose them evenly. Perhaps avoid going chest to chest and pose Trypticon in a more avian way?