Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Transformer Trev's articles and reviews

Default Toys Review

Excerpt from Blog: The Titans Return toyline has had a peculiar quirk. To get more toy sales Hasbro has been releasing figures that obviously have other characters alt-modes before those characters get released themselves. To this end we had a Sentinel Prime which would obviously be retooled into Astrotrain and a Sky Shadow which everyone knew would become Overlord (making some people regretful they spent a fortune on Carnifex). Now the last two obvious retools have been made and we get a look at Wave 5 which was what we all wanted Wave 3 to be. So lets take a look at Blitzwing (retooled from TR Megatron) and Octone (retooled from TR Optimus Prime).

READ Toys Review - Titans Return Blitzwing and Octone HERE!

Default Toy Review

Excerpt from Blog: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Well to be honest we don’t bloody know what it’s supposed to be! Let’s try to find out together dear readers as we examine Deluxe Sized, Robots In Disguise: Combiner Force Twinferno (a double mouthful eh!)

Excerpt from Blog: The Combiner Wars brought back a love of gestalts to the Transformer franchise that other lines like the Power Core Combiners failed to do. Despite the main line having moved onto Titans Return, we expect to see more combiner teams as part of the 2018 Power of the Primes toyline.

The Decepticon combiners characters were – lets face it – always a lot more interesting and popular than the Autobot ones. The likes of Superion and Defensor were there so their Decepticon counterparts had someone to ultimately be beaten by. In recent years, as well as in Combiner Wars, we’ve seen a lot of those Decepticons crop up in other lines. We had Devastator in Revenge of the Fallen, Bruticus in Fall of Cybertron and even Abominus in Beast Hunters. Well now it’s Menasor’s turn with the Stunticons making their debut, both in the cartoon and toyline, as part of the Robots in Disguise Combiner Force franchise.

READ Toys Review - the Combiner Force Stunticons HERE

Excerpt from Blog: One great thing about being a Transformers fan is getting to meet other members of the fandom. Of course that was all but impossible in the pre-internet days (yes kids – some of us are old enough to remember that) unless they went to your school. Nowdays you can meet Transfans from around the globe without ever having to leave your laptop!
    Someone I have had great conversations online with over the years is fellow blogger Lisamaree. Bring a former Sociology major (one of many degree’s I have that proved to have no value in the real world) she fascinates me since she is a Kiwi who was living in Australia and now is raising a family in China. As a Transformers fan she is a great person to chat to and debunks the theory that you have to be some sad virgin male living in his parents basement to be ‘one of us’.
    Here are Lisamaree’s answers to questions about her passion for all things Autobot.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Excerpt from Blog: One great thing about being a Transformers fan is getting to meet other members of the fandom. Of course that was all but impossible in the pre-internet days (yes kids – some of us are old enough to remember that) unless they went to your school. Nowdays you can meet Transfans from around the globe without ever having to leave your laptop!
    Someone I have had great conversations online with over the years is fellow blogger Lisamaree. Bring a former Sociology major (one of many degree’s I have that proved to have no value in the real world) she fascinates me since she is a Kiwi who was living in Australia and now is raising a family in China. As a Transformers fan she is a great person to chat to and debunks the theory that you have to be some sad virgin male living in his parents basement to be ‘one of us’.
    Here are Lisamaree’s answers to questions about her passion for all things Autobot.

[CENTER]
    [CENTER]READ Transformer Fan Interview - Lisamaree HERE

cool!

Dear Checkout-Lady from Woolworths,

I just wanted to write you a quick note, apologizing for the fact that the way I live my life doesn’t seem to meet with your approval. Maybe I should have explained myself properly at the time, but let me make it up to you by doing so now...

But... why the severe judgment for spending a piddling $5 on a Transformer anyway? I wasn’t using the money to buy myself booze or smokes. I wasn’t buying myself chocolate or sweets or junk food. I wasn’t betting it on a horse or sticking it in a pokies slot. I wasn’t earmarking the money to buy weed or pills or get a blowjob in some dingy back alley. I was buying a little toy. Out of all the things I could be spending money on – a teeny action figure should rate pretty low on the objectionable scale.

Excerpt from Blog: You know, it’s not all gravy being Big Angry Trev. I know what perceptions that a lot of the public hold of me; that I eat imported lobsters off plates of gold, served up by nubile & busty fangirls who pay for the privilege of catering to the every whim of their idol.

But no, sometimes it’s damn hard work. Especially when your online fandom want a real life public appearance. On this site, of course I am known to you all as Big Angry Trev, purveyor of whimsy and wisdom. Then to the Transformers community I am known as Big Transformer Trev, collector extraordinaire and Ozformer of the Year. It’s an honor to be venerated by ones peers on the world wide web but sometimes you have to give a little something back. You need to show up, shake a few babies, kiss a few hands and generally let people feel the warm glow of bathing in the light of your reflected glory.

To this end, I made a public appearance at the Collectormania Toy & Hobby Fair in Penrith.

READ Meet & Greet at the Collectormania Fair HERE

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Excerpt from Blog: Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Well to be honest we don’t bloody know what it’s supposed to be! Let’s try to find out together dear readers as we examine Deluxe Sized, Robots In Disguise: Combiner Force Twinferno (a double mouthful eh!)

Dare I say it but this is the only time I find an RID toy better than a TR one (I'm referring to TR Twinferno).
    1. ROBOT MODE - They both break even here. The RID version suffers from hollow leg syndrome. While the TR version suffers from bricks for feet syndrome.
    2. ALT. MODE - The RID version gets the win due to originality (it's a real attention grabber of a jet) and the hot rod flames strengthen it. The TR version on the other hand is a Godzilla movie monster with a blocky body and loose hind quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    Dare I say it but this is the only time I find an RID toy better than a TR one (I'm referring to TR Twinferno).
    1. ROBOT MODE - They both break even here. The RID version suffers from hollow leg syndrome. While the TR version suffers from bricks for feet syndrome.
    2. ALT. MODE - The RID version gets the win due to originality (it's a real attention grabber of a jet) and the hot rod flames strengthen it. The TR version on the other hand is a Godzilla movie monster with a blocky body and loose hind quarters.
    Interesting point of view

Excerpt from Blog: When the first live action Transformers movie was released a decade ago, I went a bit nuts when the toys were first released. The first day I saw them I horrified my girlfriend by coming home with two full garbage bags of action figures and a $700 dent in my bank account.

Now here we are at movie five and restraint is much easier. For the first time I am not buying a toy of every character that was in the movie. Who needs yet another Bbee camero? So I’m buying toys only of new characters that showed up in the flick, saving me both cash and shelf space.

Thankfully I was able to put restraint on hold the other day when I finally came across some of these new characters in toy form. So lets take a look at three new Autobots to grace the silver screen and subsequently get turned into toy-candy – Steelbane, Cogman and Sqweeks.

Excerpt from Blog: In the 2017 movie The Last Knight, we are introduced to one of the Transformers creators – Quintessa, who has herself a big beefy enforcer named Infernocus. Later in the movie we see that Infernocus is actually a combiner – made up of 6 identical Infernicons. Thankfully, unlike many characters, Infernocus has been blessed with an actual toy so today we will be looking at the The Last Knight Infernocus figure.

READ Toy Review - The Last Knight Infernocus HERE