Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: POTP: Pre-Order or Traditional Retail?

Default POTP: Pre-Order or Traditional Retail?

Good morning everyone!

How do people plan on getting the POTP toys (if they want them)?

Will you pre-order/purchase of an online only retailer or try and find them at retail?

My experience with Titans Returns saw me getting 50%/50% - and the 50% I got at bricks and mortal retailers were pure luck. I check the same Target/Kmart/BigW and Toys R Us' on a regular basis but it was usually the same old Deluxe and Titan Master figures warming the pegs.

Because of that I will probably get them all online, excepting some bargains (e.g. if Titan Class Predaking ends up discounted much like TR Fort Max and Trypticon).

Best regards
    Darren
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

I am leaning towards your way. I have normally tried the stores first and then pre-ordered.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

After the way the back end of Titan Master dragged out getting to stores I have jumped in and pre ordered the must haves and left the maybes for entertaining hunting trips. Also I think I can pre order the Leaders and Voyagers notably cheaper than they will be in store.

You'll never have trouble getting Wave 1 of a new series in store.

You might miss Wave 2 if Wave 1 doesn't move quick enough and the next new figures are Wave 3. In general though the first three waves will be available pretty easily.

Get towards the end though, particularly the Waves 5 and 6 (think TR Overlord, Ramhorn, Shuffler, Slugslinger) and you're best off ordering online to lock them in as they might not appear as Wave 1 of what-comes-next comes in instead.

Given how little of the Generations line has skipped Aussie retail in recent years I wouldn't be preordering any Hasbro product and if a wave does get missed I'd then goto TLTC and buy it after the fact.

That said though I buy the Takara Tomy versions normally (but not all the time) because they are more cartoon accurate in most cases and you have little choice but to preorder them if you don't want to buy them at a huge markup on ebay.

Plus don't forget Amazon is potentially days if not hours away from opening it's Aussie site to more than just books and Amazon is very likely to get every wave.

Well coincidentally I checked BBTS today and didn't see any for preorder yet

The first wave is available for pre-order from thelittletoycompany.

Best regards
    Darren
    Catcon: sleeper agent of evil

I did about 50/50 for TR and 75% online for CW (USD was nicer then!), so I'm happy to wait and see... but I refuse to pre-order with pre-payment nowadays, so even when I go with TLTC I only buy once the items come into stock... #neverforgetpc
    Also very unsure how I feel about the Dinobots so would like to see more reviews of them before I jump in.

In general I go out of my way to avoid anything from Hasbro at retail in personal protest against their ever increasing RRPs. In conjunction with diminishing figure quality I find them a little difficult to swallow, so I choose to support Takara Tomy's releases. The last Hasbro figure I purchased was Sixshot at full RRP$90, and he was certainly not worth THAT much.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Well coincidentally I checked BBTS today and didn't see any for preorder yet
    Heh - and now they are

Works out a bit under $200us for Wave 1