0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5152021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    I found wave 1 all too hard
    I got to wave 2 on Friday as Jazz... and passed you on my friends leaderboard in the process
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Finally got this on my PC cos... you know, Australia never released the PC version and I don't have either a PS3 or Xbox 360...
    Finished the Decepticon campaign in 3 hours... give or take.... and it was straight too... didn't get much sleep... have to go to work... argh...
    It is great and while I'm really late to the game and know what would happen storywise, the game is still very impressive. I hope to finish the Autobot campaign today after work.

I played the online multiplayer mode tonight for the first time and as predicted, I got my tailpipe handed back to me by other more experienced players! I don't have a microphone so I can't tell them that it was my first time... but somehow I suspect that wouldn't have helped (if anything it might've made them target me more )

Anyway, my online player name is, surprisingly, GoktimusPrime. My Autobot characters are all orange and blue (colours of Optimal Optimus) and my Decepticons are all pink and cyan (the colours of G2 Breakdown, hehe). I also noticed that other players were cooperating with each other. This could possibly because they have mics and can talk to each other. Is there a way I can at least type to other players? (being able to communicate by text is better than nothing at all) How do I add players to my friends list? I tried searching for gekisou but couldn't find anything... can't remember if I typed it all lower case or if I typed "Gekisou"... might need to try again next time I'm logged in.

But yeah... getting continually pwned isn't much fun. :/

Thanks to the 10x 'weekend', was able to get prime mode, just as it ended. Got all trophies now.

I did start getting into Multiplayer a bit, but still prefer Escalation, as it doesn't feel like it coud get personal. I prevented someone from completing one of the personal challanges, and they were a bit annoyed (they had a headset). And if I notice someone killing me a couple times, I sometimes stubbornly hunt them down for revenge... which usually gets me killed even more.

A couple of the higher ranking abilities in MP were fun though.
    Leader class has a 'Martyrdom' ability, which has you drop your mines when killed. I had the 'extra mine' abililty as well, so I started getting into close combat just to die, and then see/hear my 2 mines kill the opponent straight after. It was even better when they have headsets...
    That was actually the most fun I had with all of MP.

I thought Soldier class was the worst at first, because I kept dying so easily, but somehow it was the only class I got MVP... twice! Really unexpected.
    It ended up being a bit more fun with the higher ranking ability that gives you an ion cannon with your weapons beacon. I created some carnage then...

Still gonna do saturday nights though.
    I tried to host some games last night, but couldn't seem to get either of the others online at the time, to be able to join. I was surprised that I could start Conquest without a minimum, but wasn't able to accumulate any points though. I wonder if all private matches don't earn points. Hopefully find out next saturday.

Last weekend was my very first time to play MP... so for example I would get 1500XP for conquering a node... so I guess this must mean it's normally 150XP for taking a node.

I started off on Level 0 for everything on Saturday - going up against level 20-25 players(is level 25 the highest?), and ended up on Level 9 for my Leader and Soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Leader class has a 'Martyrdom' ability, which has you drop your mines when killed. I had the 'extra mine' abililty as well, so I started getting into close combat just to die, and then see/hear my 2 mines kill the opponent straight after. It was even better when they have headsets...
    I think you can also get bonus points for killing people after you've died (and before respawning).

One frustrating feature about this game - there's no way to pause if you need to AFK. A couple of times last night I needed to take extended breaks mid-game cos my daughter was crying... so I'd transform and park myself in a corner facing a wall - as a clear sign that I'm AFK. And of course, when I get back I've respawned. One kid at school told me that some players on other games will face directly upward with their weapon aimed at the sky to indicate AFK... which doesn't work either (i.e. other players don't care and take the free kill opportunity).

Bah!

I saw one player yesterday evening who was just standing there - clearly AFK. So I just jumped up and down and transformed back and forth in front of him for a while before moving on. Didn't kill him though. Maybe cos it was 10XP weekend... but I wouldn't be surprised if people still behaved that way outside of 10XP days.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Still gonna do saturday nights though.
    Cool as since you've decided to do that I've really gotten back into WFC. Plus my headset will be charged.

How does a headset work? Who can you talk to? Is it only the people you are playing against or is it just your friends?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Damn I want a PS3 so I can play this online with you guys before you get bored with it, or the next one comes out

AAARGH! My WFC is stuffing around with me tonight for some unknown reason. Here's what happened...

Started up the program
    Logged on for multiplayer
    Looked for a Conquest game to join
    The "Finding Game" box then suddenly disappeared without me cancelling it. Weird.
    Tried again - entire program SHUTS DOWN.

Starts game again -- NO start up menu appears (ya know, where it says "Play Game, Uninstall" etc. - it just started the game straight up. Also never happened before.
    Sign in and try to join a game. Find game menu shuts down. Try again - whole program shuts down.

So I run a quick scan and 20 threats are deleted. Run program again - same result.
    So now I'm backing up my system to run a full scan... but graaargh... I would really HATE to have to uninstall the game and LOSE all my save games and multiplayer characters.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think you can also get bonus points for killing people after you've died (and before respawning).
    That was an added bonus. To kill someone outright gets a set amount of points, but just letting them kill you and killing them 'after-death' gets that same amount of points PLUS points for killing after death PLUS points for killing the person who last killed you. And you don't lose any points for dying... so it just became the best way to make points, AND was just so darn funny, I almost cracked a rib from laughing so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Cool as since you've decided to do that I've really gotten back into WFC. Plus my headset will be charged.

How does a headset work? Who can you talk to? Is it only the people you are playing against or is it just your friends?
    It's an open voice-over, so everyone will hear anyone using one. It'd be good if you could just talk to select people, so that you could strategise without the opposition hearing.

Were you able to hear me at all last night?

And does this mean I'm the first on this board that has completed the trophies/achievments for WFC? I thought with being so late to get the game & console, and slow getting into it, that others would have finished by now. I was so sure Sleeve would have beaten me to it at least...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's an open voice-over, so everyone will hear anyone using one. It'd be good if you could just talk to select people, so that you could strategise without the opposition hearing.
    Hmm... so if I get a headset... then maybe gekisou and I can talk to each other in Japanese. Of course... that's IF my game still works. I let my computer run a full scan last night as I went to bed so I haven't tried it since. *sigh*