Page 29 of 76 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru in response to Illumina
    Because 2013 is closed. 2013 closed over a year ago. We can't add, subtract or change anything to the 2013 line up.
    This is the same man who said "We got some big awesome surprises for MOTU for 2013 that, because we were so much over we can now go forward with" and "I wish we could reveal the entire year but we're also not in a position to do that because things do change."

His answers are not only inconsistent, but they don't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    We'll make sure the 14 line covers all of the major vintage MOTU, major POP, major New Adventures, major Filmation.
    It turns out that his idea of "make sure" also differs from most of ours.

Default Why Do We Need To Hear From Toy Guru?

I had these thoughts today...

Why do Masters Classics fans need to hear from Toy Guru? By now even the least cynical MOTUC fans must realise that there is no logic or consistency or certainty to anything Neitlich says. If he is capable of doing positive things for the line then he should be off doing them, not making videos or giving inconsistent, brusque, uninformative and noncommittal replies to forum messages. He doesn't need to waste his or our time doing that - he should be working on building the MOTU brand - promote the toys to people who aren't already buying them, publicise the comics or a potential movie, work on selling the toys in stores like the Toys 'R' Us two-packs, work with management to ensure that 2014 fulfils his promise that "we'll make sure the 14 line covers all of the major vintage MOTU, major POP, major New Adventures, major Filmation". Manage the brand, not manage us.

Hasbro doesn't feel the need to interact with its fans. Most Mattel toylines don't either. When we were kids, Masters toys just happened - we found out about new toys because they were on the cardbacks, back of minicomics, catalogues or on shelves. There is no reason why Mattel can't just do that. They've sold their subscriptions for the year - now they just need to update Mattycollector.com a month or two in advance and get on with making the line as good as it can be.

The brand manager needs to make the line grow and move forward, not waste his time back-pedalling.

My next post - in case it gets deleted, I want it here for posterity:

Indeed. And it's this half-baked attitude to everything. Similarly, he films those videos in one take as if they're live. They're not - he needs to get them right before he posts them. There's no reason why videos should have toys falling over or heads falling off or announcements about characters winning polls that haven't yet closed. He can't say "We got some big awesome surprises for MOTU for 2013 that, because we were so much over we can now go forward with" and "I wish we could reveal the entire year but we're also not in a position to do that because things do change" and then argue that Illumina is impossible "Because 2013 is closed. 2013 closed over a year ago. We can't add, subtract or change anything to the 2013 line up." There is no point in him wasting his and our time on these back and forths because it is clear that what he says is hollow. If 2013 was struggling for subscriptions, it was because he failed to do his job properly. It should be a wake-up call for Neitlich to change his methods of 'managing' this brand. There's nothing stopping him from reading what we want from MOTUC - it's all over this forum. But he shouldn't be retorting, he should be making Masters - once again - as big as Transformers or G.I. Joe.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Well, you're totally right of course.

I had to laugh at that body builder dude who totally disagreed with everything you said and called for the thread to be closed My God, it's getting worse. No freedom of speech at all. The attitude there seems to be, "Either we all agree that Mattel is wonderful and Scott is the best thing that's ever happened to MOTU, or you can go and get f***ed"

Sadly, the atmosphere that Scott has created and the Org encouraged is not really about MOTU and the toys but more about 'celebrating' Scott. The type people who are now becoming the more prevalent sort at the Org, seem to be all into this personality worship of Scott in an almost religious manner. It doesn't matter what facts you show them or examples you give, Scott will always remain awesome and "doing a Great job".

It's really unsettling how people can willingly be so blind even when they are being directly and constantly taking advantage of and lied to.

And... the thread is closed. Their moderators have no idea how to run a forum. Deleting posts ad hoc and locking threads for no reason does not a good forum make. "It looks like this thread has ran its course, so I'm closing it." What exactly is the reason? Wouldn't it have run its course when, say, people stopped posting in it? Or when something was actually done about the issues raised? Can you imagine if we just randomly locked threads here eight hours after the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    And... the thread is closed. Their moderators have no idea how to run a forum. Deleting posts ad hoc and locking threads for no reason does not a good forum make. "It looks like this thread has ran its course, so I'm closing it." What exactly is the reason? Wouldn't it have run its course when, say, people stopped posting in it? Or when something was actually done about the issues raised? Can you imagine if we just randomly locked threads here eight hours after the first post?
    They may not know how to run a forum but they do know how to eliminate unwanted discussions in order to maintain 'positivity'.

It's not lack of moderating experience that is causing this extreme moderating but rather some misguided attempt at wanting to stay on Mattel's 'good side' that has caused them to implement a control of all discussions so that the board atmosphere promotes a positive view of Mattel/Scott.

Emiliano strongly disagreed with this one sided ideology and was booted from the board for it.

The .org must have initiated a "No Bad Mouthing Toyguru" policy. Expect the Forum Rules to be amended to reflect it in the next few days

A little to the left... a little bit more...

You know, there's nothing worse than a bully who is a coward! How dare they close threads because they're afraid that things might get negative. That's the lowest, most pathetic course of action ever. Sure, I don't like name-calling or constant smarmy comments, but people should have a right to defend their POV in a coherent and reasonable manner. No one (on either side) resorted to any bad behaviour, but the thread was closed? That leads me to only one conclusion: The Mods closed it because it was "Anti-Scott". Do they think he's the King and anyone who speaks ill of him is committing treason? Now I remember why I haven't posted there much in the past 3 years. Might have to go back to that I guess that's what they want though: get rid of the nay-sayers and nit-pickers... ie, the people pointing out the OBVIOUS flaws, lies, and deceptions! No wonder George W Bush got 2 terms

I think they are really embracing this new ideology too much over there. It's toxic and unhealthy for the franchise! Strongarm positive tactics will only force people to be more reactionary in a negative way. They've already got one of the worst reputations for blatant over-censorship among toy forums on the net (on other forums) and it's getting worse. Hmmm... I wonder what the only common denominator is

Their FAQ states "He-Man.org may be a fan-created site, but a portion of the content legally belongs to Mattel. Mattel even helped us create our Legal Disclaimer and Privacy Policy." Hmm...