Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformers 5 Movie cross-promotion items

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Caltex Hong Kong have just released their Transformers promotion.

You can get cups with figures on top, a box of tissues or a "talking head" through their promotion.
    Unfortunately, my hubs only fills our car with Shell so I'm going to have to beg my friends to see if they use Caltex and would mind helping me get some of these.
    It's a very complicated promotion too, sounding like it would cost a fair bit to get everything.

Wave 1 - June 7th to July 16th - Four Transformers Movie Tumblers (Optimus, Bumblebee, Sqweeks, Megatron).
    Stamp issue period: June 7th to July 16th
    Redemption period: June 16th to July 16th
    Earn one stamp for every HK$200 (about AU$35) of Caltex gasoline you purchase. Collect six stamps (about AU$210 of fuel during those six weeks) to redeem a Caltex “Exclusive Movie Tumbler” for free.
    (total cost would be about AU$840 of fuel to collect all four)

--------------------

Wave 2 - July 17th to August 29th - Transformers Tissue Box and Talking Heads (Optimus & Bumblebee)
    Fuel up for HK$500 (about AU$90) or more of Caltex gasoline to get the Exclusive Movie Box of Tissues for free.
    Or
    Earn one stamp for every HK$200 (about AU$35) of Caltex gasoline you purchase. Collect four stamps to redeem a Caltex “Exclusive Movie Talking Head Figure” for an additional HK$49 (about AU$9). (total cost would be about AU$149)

To get all seven exclusive items, it would cost about AU$1079, with $1070 of that being fuel purchases during those two months.
    That might be possible if you are a delivery driver or have a big commute to work, but HK is a small place, so unless you have friends giving you their stamps, this could be difficult to do.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Sonic in America (the fast food franchise, not the hedgehog ), is giving away Transformers stickers with their kids meals, which notes a related app and possibly prizes.
    Plus, for a limited time on their menu, three "transforming" slushes (icy drinks), which have two different colours in them that "transform" when you stir it... -_-
    Four TV commercials for this promotion have been found, and can be seen here. One has Bumblebee fighting barricade, two have a guy in transforming costume, while one just shows the "transforming" frozen drinks (that transform by stirring - which mixes the two colours/flavours together).

Barricade is looking bluer and bluer each time I see it... I think Hasbro are going to have to re-release their first wave Barricade toys into "screen accurate" redecoes. (which will probably be in "Platinum Edition" style boxsets later)

My first thought with "Sonic Drive In" was "Drive in theatres"... but it's actually a fast food restaurant format that has a parking area that allows you to stay in your car, order food from the menu board next to your car, pay for it, and you eat it in your car (they bring it out to you). Then you just drive off when you are ready. It's like going through the Maccas Drive thru and then parking in their car park to eat it.
    I remember seeing in Happy Days or maybe it was Grease... people parking outside a fast food restaurant, and waitresses would bring out their tray of food that clipped onto the bottom of their car window. That was the 60s... I didn't realise they still had them in America today.

Redbox in America (a movie DVD rental dispensing machine company) has a promo that gets $5 off a TF5 movie ticket for anyone renting the TF4 movie during a limited time.
    I'm not sure how much a Redbox DVD rental costs, but it couldn't be much more than $5, which would be like a free rental if you get $5 off a movie ticket.

And a related movie promo in America has a Walmart exclusive movie multipack, with the first four Movies on blu-ray packed with one of the following TFPrime Beast Hunters Legion toys - Bumblebee, Prowl or Soundwave (it's so random - it should have been a movie toy).
    Last edited by griffin; 16th June 2017 at 06:37 AM.

How about this for a weak cross promotion for the Last Knight Movie. An Australian car mod show that goes for 35 minutes, has a short mention of the Movie at the start, and the logo at the end. The rest is just about modifying an old 80s car into a super fast car... so unless you like cars, don't worry about watching it just to see/hear the two Transformers references.

For in-store Transformers displays I've never found any better in the world than the Tsim Sha Tsui (Ocean Terminal) ToysRUs store, but this one in Taiwan would be a close second.

Remember the Star Wars themed passenger plane a few years back? Well, China's GX Airlines have decked out one of their Airbus planes with a Transformers theme, both inside and outside.
    You get Optimus and Bumblebee painted on the outside of the plane, while the seat covers and overhead luggage bins have the two characters all over them as well.
    And if that isn't enough for you, they are selling models of the Transformers plane as well (probably at the airports somewhere).

Not a cross-promotional item, but a cross promotional tour... of America.

We know that Walmart in America is the home of the "Autobot Unite" toyline and the character of Hot Rod, but to really promote the Brand at their stores, they will be doing a five month cross-country visit of 870 of their stores!

The tour is split up into three teams, featuring Optimus on the East coast, Bumblebee in the Central region, and Hot Rod on the West coast... with each team only visiting stores for 3 hours, in order to fit in all those stores between June 12th and November 3rd.
    (the "characters" might just be the robot suits... not the actual vehicles)
    Some photos from the West Coast leg, with Hot Rod... not a huge exhibit, and the display is only supposed to be there for 3 hours, so probably won't attract too much attention, particularly at certain hours of the day.

It's the "end of school year" holidays in America now (they go from August to June), and the back to school advertisements are starting to show up (like they do here just a couple weeks into the end of year school holidays), and one from Walmart includes several contemporary iconic hereos, including Optimus and Bumblebee, to promote licensed clothing for kids to wear when they return to school next month.
    (regular American schools don't have uniforms, so they wear casual clothing)

In America, Schick razors... with a creative razor-bot on the display shelves.
    Twice in the last week, I've seen a commercial on TV for Schick Hydro razors, with the transforming razor-bot (but not the ones I was able to find on youtube from last year, including this one).
    I can't remember if we had the razor-bot commercials here last year following the Transformers movie (which was a cross-promotion in America), and I haven't noticed this transforming razor-bot commercial here before the last week or so.