Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TransWarp

Well, thank you for reading it mate! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah, someone had to be made an example of, sadly Laserbeak fit the bill.

I'm currently approaching some artists on DeviantArt in the hopes that some might help me turn it into an actual comic series. It's a long shot but my fingers are crossed.

Again, thanks for reading it mate. It's not a short story by any means, and makes a lot of assumptions about a fans prior knowledge, but that's because I hate being spoon fed a story like I know nothing of the franchise.

I'll get around to writing TransTech one day - the whole reason I started writing, TransWarp was just the bit that needed to be written first. A big bit

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Part of what I liked about it was that provided the reader had some prior knowledge, they were allowed certain freedoms while still being constrained and carried forward by the story. Like being able to imagine the emotional state of Ravage as he transitions between different factions, but having to read further to discover the new parameters for imagination (environment and character changes), informed by what we know his personality to be. It was a great, compelling read and I wish you the best of luck in getting it pencilled and published. I'll buy a copy if you promise to sign it

Ravage's monologues were fun to write: Stuck between duty, his old faction and self preservation. So for the first time, he becomes something more than a hissing, snarling tape, but a conscientious combatant. Too bad his hopes for the new Predacons are so quickly and rutally dashed.

As for the signed copy - Deal

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

hey verno...

thank you, that was kick ass dude!

i REALLY enjoyed it.... had me totally sucked in from start to finish.
    the plot was great, i really felt for all the characters... and the dialogue is intelligent and well written.
    but most of all... i wanted to keep reading it!
    i read half of it last night, and half this evening... and all i could think about all day was WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? lol

well done, you should be proud.

i wish you the best of luck in getting Transwarp out there man ( add me to the list. i'll buy one! )

janda

Thanks Janda, I appreciate it mate, I really do! You're on the list for a signed copy!

I'm trying my best to get it seen by the Fandom and get feedback. Not an easy process.

Even harder is getting the powers-that-be to read it. I had the thought of flying to the US and camping outside IDW Headquarters until they hear me out. But we'll leave that as a last resort.

I'm glad you got all the way through it! You're right, it takes more than one sitting to get through it and follow the story. I'm glad you persevered.

Thanks again man, it's nice to hear it's enjoyed.

no worries mate... i had the easy bit! you had to imagine it all and pen it.

i'd be keen to read more of your stuff if you wanted to post it/share a link?

thanks again for sharing it

janda

( oh yeah... signed copy would be awesome! )

Whoever invents a machine that you can hook your brain up to and press print will make a lot of money! (From me at least )

All my other stuff is still rattling around in my head sadly, so you could consider them either Works in Progress or still in the conception stage.

Fighting for attention in there are:

• A proper backstory for Depth Charge and Rampage.
    • BW Dinobot's Origins.
    • BW Megatron's Origins.
    • The Corvus comic I've posted in this section.
    • The backstory for the Tripredacus Council (which ties into the Corvus comic)
    • A history of the Golden Disks.
    • A Spotlight story for Soundwave after the Hub assault, as he's actually the one that inscribes the message on the Voyager Probe disk, not Megatron, as he's dead.

I think that's all of them but I'm sure I've missed something.

I did have another thread around here somewhere... The VernoVerse Thread

A lot of it is preliminary work on the TransWarp story, and I can't guarantee it wasn't usurped by later writing, but there's a heap of backstory stuff in there from memory, if you're at all keen to read some more stuff.

Oh, and a better Theft of the Golden Disk/Dawn of Futures Past story. The BotCon one is terrible.

I forgot what I was going to write here...
    Last edited by Verno; 27th August 2014 at 07:34 AM.

Well, apart from a few scenes to kick start the peace and prepare Cybertron for the signing of the Pax Cybertronia, TransWarp is basically done!

To those of you that have read it along the way, thank you! For those that are yet to read it, I hope you enjoy it!

I've uploaded the separate stories onto my deviantART account in their Full Script formats, hoping some artists might stumble across them.

TransWarp: Csirac

TransWarp: Ravage

TransWarp: Primal

Thanks again for the support everyone. I can now start work on a new project that I've had in the back on my head for a while - Beast Wars Dinobot's backstory, with the working title of, of course: Honour.