Page 441 of 481 FirstFirst ... 421431436437438439440441442443444445446451461 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 4804

Thread: I need to vent!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So the Comm Bank seem to have put up their "foreign transaction" charges. Normally it's a couple of dollars at most for a foreign transaction but my MP Dirge that cost about $240 AUD got a nasty $12 foreign transaction fee on it. Looks like I'll be using Paypal to convert my payments to AUD from now on.
    no way, there are several cards around that will allow for purchases in foreign currency at the actual exchange rate. I'm not sure about them all but I use the basic card from bank west. I save about 3 to 4 % of the purchase price by not using the pay pal exchange rate.

explore your options a bit.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So the Comm Bank seem to have put up their "foreign transaction" charges. Normally it's a couple of dollars at most for a foreign transaction but my MP Dirge that cost about $240 AUD got a nasty $12 foreign transaction fee on it. Looks like I'll be using Paypal to convert my payments to AUD from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    no way, there are several cards around that will allow for purchases in foreign currency at the actual exchange rate. I'm not sure about them all but I use the basic card from bank west. I save about 3 to 4 % of the purchase price by not using the pay pal exchange rate.

explore your options a bit.
    I've got a Citibank Plus Everyday Account that comes with a Visa debit. It has zero currency fees for international transactions. Highly recommend it, I just use mine when buying online. Best thing is it's free.

Just to let you know, if you pay with Paypal but use your credit card as the funding source CBA will still charge you an international transaction fee if the merchant is overseas. I noticed this when I bought a humble bundle recently, I paid in AUD through Paypal but used my CC as the funding source and got charged an international transaction fee from CBA because the merchant/store (in this case humble bundle) isn't based in Australia. So if you're going to pay via Paypal have the funding source as your actual bank account instead or you'll still pay fees

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Just to let you know, if you pay with Paypal but use your credit card as the funding source CBA will still charge you an international transaction fee if the merchant is overseas. I noticed this when I bought a humble bundle recently, I paid in AUD through Paypal but used my CC as the funding source and got charged an international transaction fee from CBA because the merchant/store (in this case humble bundle) isn't based in Australia. So if you're going to pay via Paypal have the funding source as your actual bank account instead or you'll still pay fees
    I've found that on my Commbank AMEX Paypal will charge from overseas, but on my Commbank MC they charge locally.

Anyway I called the bank to get clarification on how the international transaction fees work. Turns out on AMEX they are getting rid of the international transaction fees and I won't get them anymore after my new billing cycle starts, but MC still will have fees.

OMFG, WOULD IT KILL APPLE TO MAKE SOME BEATS HEADPHONES THAT DON'T BREAK SHORTLY AFTER WARRANTY PERIOD ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you sit in the deepest darkest corner of the train when you know you have to get out when the train is at its fullest. Use some foresight and sit closer to the doors

OMFG, WOULD IT KILL APPLE TO MAKE SOME BEATS HEADPHONES THAT DON'T BREAK SHORTLY AFTER WARRANTY PERIOD ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!
    What model/price/date purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Why would you sit in the deepest darkest corner of the train when you know you have to get out when the train is at its fullest. Use some foresight and sit closer to the doors
    The opposite rant to that is, Stop standing in the doorway, move into the train so others can get on.

Generally people are dumb sheep.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    The opposite rant to that is, Stop standing in the doorway, move into the train so others can get on.

Generally people are dumb sheep.
    Worst ones are those who cram on the train as soon as doors open and don't let people get off first.... gdi I hate that so much...

I honestly don't get the rush to get a train seat. Sure if you've been on your feet all day, but if you're like me and been sitting at a desk, then take the time to stand.