Thread: Masterpiece Rodimus question

Default Masterpiece Rodimus question

Hey guys, I recently won a Masterpiece Rodimus Prime off of eBay and pretty much love the fig. It's the Hasbro version that was released in Toys R Us stores here.

Anyway my question is about the elbows. I've tried researching but I'm not entirely sure how to word it, and google brings up results from tfw2005 that have a heeeeeeeeap of pages to flick through. I'm hoping someone can help here and I actually make sense lol

So, the little red piece that sits over the elbow joint. Out of the box, it stays in place. Then I decided I wanted to pose Rodimus holding the matrix, which required bending the arms a little bit further at the elbow. After that, when I straighten them again, the red piece likes to stay popped out. It only did it on the left arm first but now it does it on the right too.

Is this normal? Or if not, is there a way to make it so bending the arms doesn't pop the end out again, like it was prior to trying that matrix pose?

Any help is appreciated. Like I said, awesome figure

Yeah, it happens on mine too.

Thanks dude. It doesn't bother me, just wanted to know if it was normal. Thanks for the response!

I'm not game enough to transform him for some reason though. Just like my MP Megs, I think he will stay in robot mode for good haha

Rodimus is nowhere near as bad as megs on the transformation scale IMO. Just a bit more fiddly in regards to angling of bits every now and then.

Please at least transform hime once, as the vehicle mode is a fantastic 80s future cartoon car.

Yeah, Rodimus is a cinch compared to Megatron. The only real tricky part about MP Rodimus is getting the hands right (the Hasbro instructions are total garbage in showing you how to do this -- I had to rely on YouTube when I was trying it for the first time ). But yeah, once you get the hang of it it's pretty doable. Scroll down on the first post of this thread to see some pics of MP Rodimus transforming.

Thanks guys!