View Poll Results: WFC Siege DLX Prowl - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 69.23%
  • Only if...

2 15.38%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review- WFC Siege Deluxe Prowl

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I like Prowls transformation, but I feel ripped off without missile launchers which are coming with bluestreak. I hope a 3rd party produces some to fix it.
    I would be happy paying more for Deluxes that were at least complete.

Also I hope reprolab labels do some highway patrol stickers for prowl in English
    Prowl hasn't had shoulder launches in toy form for ages though right?

And he certainly doesn't in the cartoon.

I quite like both his modes. The robot mode definitely could have used some more paint apps and some shoulder blasters.

The silvery wheels, all the faux-metal under under the windows and the blaster on top all help make the alt-mode feel fairly Cybertronian but it still looks pretty Terran to me. I hope to one day finally be able to find the Titanium Toy - now there was a proper Cybertron Prowl

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

Th3 Cyberverse iteration has a flip out shoulder launchers gimmick

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Th3 Cyberverse iteration has a flip out shoulder launchers gimmick
    Yep, there are toys on the shelves right now with shoulder cannons. Useable in vehicle mode too.

Pics HERE

I had a look at this toy last week and it's not for me (I'm happy enough with my Henkei Prowl). I do appreciate the "simple but elegant" style of transformation over the fiddliness of Universe/Henkei Prowl. It is nice to have a toy that you can just straightforward "CHK CHK CHK CHK CHK" during toy play rather than stopping everything to solve a puzzle; complex transformations can be a buzzkill during playtime especially when in the moment of an intense fight or something. I also quite like how the long bonnet panel behind the head slides inside a cavity beneath the head; it's a neat and clever way to conceal mass. It's the kind of cheat that impresses me on MP figures and it's even more impressive to see them incorporating a similar engineering feat on a Deluxe toy.

The clear wheels look ridiculous to me. Yeah, I know that it's a "Cybertronian" mode, but still... at least give it metallic wheels like on Ironhide. Overall while I appreciate this toy it's not something that I'm personally interested in, although it has piqued my interest for the Barricade redeco (although I really hope that it won't stop Hasbro from releasing a G1 CHUG Barricade later)

Re: transparent tires, you'd think that considering the lack of paint Hasbro could've painted the tires silver like how they've been doing the windows on Prowl and Sideswipe.

Remember paint apps is over a wave of figures not an individual figure.

The tyre thing isn't an issue of paint apps but rather a choice of which colour plastic; they obviously opted to go with clear transparent plastic rather than solid black or grey.

The car mode has that Datsun Fairlady look from a head on perspective but when the rest of the car is taken into account, the look reminds me more of a Dodge Viper and that's what sold me on this one.

Painted his thighs silver, erased his bonnet label and replaced it with a centred reprolabel.