Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FT Iron Dibots

Default FT Iron Dibots

So I'm looking to make my first 3P purchase (heaven help me). I'm looking to collect all 5 of FT's Dinobots. I just don't know if Takara is ever going to do MP versions and if they do I can just display the FT ones in Dino mode.

I've seen Trent's X Versions in hand and they are amazing. However, FT-07X Stomp is impossible to find anywhere and I understand the X versions don't get a re-run. So I can either buy the other 4 X versions or pay just a little more and get all 5 standard versions today. I actually still quite like the standard versions but haven't seen them in hand. Though if I got the X versions I could just wait out for someone to sell their X Stomp.

What do people who have these think?
    Last edited by DaptoDog; 22nd August 2017 at 07:32 AM.

The metallic finish on the x's destroy the regular finish.
    If I was inclined to do so, I'd buy the x bots while I can & jist bide my time until I see Stomp. Someone somewhere is always selling.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I like the regular versions. After having Grinder, I am wtf have I been with my Hasbro one.

I don't see anything I dislike about the x versions, But it is a bit too chrome for my taste. However, it isn't bad at all. The swoop however has transparent wings which was the only thing I complain about.

I am waiting on my server. Same boat I am missing swoop blue and need to wait for reissue. Wasn't planning to buy all but the quality amazes me.
    I dont see regular blue swoop anymore.

I haven't seen the X versions in hand but I love my regular ones. Just waiting on not-Grimlock to show up and the set is complete. I don't think you would be disappointed just getting the regular set. If you are up my way mate you are always welcome to check them out first hand.

anyone wants to change their regular ones can give me a pm for soar and scoria. I mostly need a regular soar.

I heard the new Grinder head is ready as well.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I agree with you that there is not a bad choice to be made here.

Was starting to talk myself into going the X route but then realised Scoria (not Slag) has a black head but I feel he looks far more distinguished from the rest with a red head. Also, if I go the standard ones I can get Stomp (not Sludge) straight away and he is very clearly my favourite dinobot. Doh!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Scoria has both red and black, comes with both heads

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    Scoria has both red and black, comes with both heads
    Oh right thanks for the pickup. Just watched a review and they had the red head on it. All the other pics I saw were with the black.

Ok so it just comes down to how bad I want Stomp right now vs waiting in the hopes one comes up. Though everyone that has it loves it so that could be a while.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Dont get Scoria because Perfect Fusion Cesium should be finally out soon. Scoria doesnt scale well with the rest of the FT Dinobots hence the updated version.

I have Server and Soar and they are quality figures. I had planned on completing the FT dinobots but it's a heft investment. Stomp and Grimlock are at least $400 for both.

As an alternative to FT also check out the Gigapower line.

Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Dont get Scoria because Perfect Fusion Cesium should be finally out soon. Scoria doesnt scale well with the rest of the FT Dinobots hence the updated version.

I have Server and Soar and they are quality figures. I had planned on completing the FT dinobots but it's a heft investment. Stomp and Grimlock are at least $400 for both.

As an alternative to FT also check out the Gigapower line.
    There MAY NOT be a Cesium as there doesn't seem to be any developement and Scoria is being reissued.

I personally wont want to be left hanging with the X version missing out as is one off, people who buy them will keep the rest or get rid all at one hit.

What is the original colour version that Scoria suppose to be? Red or Black?