Page 441 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 421431436437438439440441442443444445446451461 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,410 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

I was once sent a notice in the mail saying that an item was being held, and had to pay duty to release it. That was many years ago though, as I'm usually more careful with the threshhold now.

Does anyone know where I can download any Transformer voices for my Tomtom?? I found some really crappy sounding fake ones... like Optimus Prime voices which just sound like someone wearing the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet and saying stuff. *sigh*

Has anyone bought an animated deluxe from takara tomy and not got a collectors card? I got bumblebee and just opened him today and I can't find the card. It's meant to be taped to the card but there is nothing and I didn't see anything fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Does anyone know where I can download any Transformer voices for my Tomtom?? I found some really crappy sounding fake ones... like Optimus Prime voices which just sound like someone wearing the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet and saying stuff. *sigh*
    Haha I doubt it very much. My cousin had a terrible Homer Simpson turn by turn GPS voiceover so I know EXACTLY what you mean when you're describing the crappy Optimus one you downloaded.

It should also be noted that only Peter Cullens booming, deep n husky voice can truly be worthy of telling me when to exit from the freeway.

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Has anyone bought an animated deluxe from takara tomy and not got a collectors card? I got bumblebee and just opened him today and I can't find the card. It's meant to be taped to the card but there is nothing and I didn't see anything fall out.
    The Hong Kong versions don't come with collector game cards. Same with United and Alternity (no comics). This is not the case with Henkei though.

Robotkingdom sources the HK versions, the Japanese online retailers and usually BBTS source the JP versions. The toy is exactly the same, just no card. I assume because they can only be used in Japanese arcades.

Which reminds me, anyone want to sell me a TFA Jazz game card?
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Smile

Oh thanks so much, that really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    The Hong Kong versions don't come with collector game cards. Same with United and Alternity (no comics). This is not the case with Henkei though.

Robotkingdom sources the HK versions, the Japanese online retailers and usually BBTS source the JP versions. The toy is exactly the same, just no card. I assume because they can only be used in Japanese arcades.

Which reminds me, anyone want to sell me a TFA Jazz game card?

The springs may be worn.

Q: Can DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime attach to the original G1 Optimus Prime's trailer?
    (come on, surely someone owns a DoTM Dlx Optimus Prime here!)
    I've got 2 different "version" of dotm dlx op but they are sealed in an impenetrable prison of minty freshness known only as...... Their original packaging!

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    I've got 2 different "version" of dotm dlx op but they are sealed in an impenetrable prison of minty freshness known only as...... Their original packaging!
    ...that doesn't really answer my question.

I'm only interested in this toy if it's compatible with the original G1 Optimus Prime trailer, otherwise I really do NOT need another movie Optimus Prime toy

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Anyone here ever have Transformers stuff (valued and declared at over $1000) shipped to them from overseas?

How does the process work? Forms to fill out, taxes to pay etc?

Anyone been through this nutty process before?

Done international shipping a few times, but mostly on small packages from Book Depository, or around $400 from Robot Kingdom. The only other majore lot I got was around $950 from BBTS, as I aimed to ensure my Pile of Loot was under $1000 including shipping.

The Australian Government actually have a detailed guideline oh how the duties and taxes will be charged, which can be found here.

Basical overview is that if it is over $1000 you have to pay 5% import duty, plus 10% GST on the total value of the import, including the duty. So, 15.5% tax/duty in total. Not sure about forms though.

...that doesn't really answer my question.

I'm only interested in this toy if it's compatible with the original G1 Optimus Prime trailer, otherwise I really do NOT need another movie Optimus Prime toy
    Can't give you a definite answer, BUT the deluxe DotM Optimus and G1 reissue Optimus they've released over here can both pull the DotM trailer, so it's fairly safe to assume they could both use the G1 trailer too.

On a later look-see, it seems that they drilled the G1 Optimus' tralier peg, so most original-mold G1 Optimii won't be able to use the DotM trailer but the DotM Deluxe from the 2-pack should be able to use the G1 trailer.

Again, it's not definite but if it uses the same mold as the Chronicles one it should work. Galleries here, sorry if this doesn't answer your question.