Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BotCon 2012 guests

Default BotCon 2012 guests

As usual, FunPub don't promote guests (as a reason to actually go to the convention instead of just buying or picking up toys) until it is too late for people to be able to organise to go to the convention.

And it's not like they can't, as it seems that two Beast Wars guests are already hinting at their attendance via facebook - David Kaye & Gary Chalk (Megatron and Optimus).

(yes, I know they are in other series... but BW is their most notable)

Aww man, I bet they're going to be involved with the script reading too!
    That, or they're just attending for the sake of it which apparently David Kaye is known to do!

Now officially announced on the BotCon site, and the pair are there to commemorate 10 years since Armada started.

Meh, Armada...

Beast Wars is what's going to get screamed at them, especially for David Kaye if BW Megatron ends up winning the HoF.

Another guest has been announced - Dan Gilvezan (voice of Gen1 Bumblebee).
    Strange though, as I recall reading somewhere (tfwiki I think) that he was never going to be a guest at a FunPub BotCon... I guess they patched things up.

Apparently there is one other guest to be announced for this year (pretty light on the guests this year if there is only one more).

What's the story there Griffin? - FunPub not make with his appearance fee or something?

I can't seem to find it now. There used to be something (I'm sure it was on tfwiki), because I was only just reading about it last year (due to him being at the non-BotCon event), but it musta been removed.
    Ah well.
    I'm not even sure why he'd be avoiding FunPub either, because he's never been a guest at a FunPub BotCon... unless he was meant to be at a previous BotCon of theirs (like in 2009 when it was last in LA), and the deal fell through.
    I know a couple people who would know if that's true, so might ask them at BotCon.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I know a couple people who would know if that's true, so might ask them at BotCon.
    Curious huh? - It'd be interesting to find out, indeed.

Even if it were true, perhaps it is something that is best left unknown... as it serves no purpose to know about something this negative that has since been resolved and put behind the people involved.
    If I went looking for answers, I'd be no better than a gossip-filled tabloid paper.

Another guest announced, from way out left-field... The voice actor for Gen1 Blaster - Buster Jones.

I'd never heard of him outside of Transformers, and even in Transformers he wasn't a notable name with just the one character, late in the series. But apparently he had a fairly decent resume as a Voice Actor, so it should (hopefully) be an interesting & entertaining panel at the convention.
    Blaster was one of those uniquely memorable voices on Transformers, that didn't sound like it was filtered like Soundwave. I hope he can still do the voice, and is given some likes to re-read.

Finally, FunPub have given us someone new...