Thread: new York and LA any suggestions

Default new York and LA any suggestions

Hi All

I'm going to New York and LA for 2 weeks on Monday and wondering if anyone knows of any where I can find some shops with our favorite collectibles / figures other than TRU?

If you're into comics, there's a number of good comic stores in New York.

Midtown comics is the main one, with three locations - main one is in Times Square. Or Forbidden Planet on Broadway.

The dollar isn't going to do you many favours at the moment though. I found that most things would have ended up being cheaper if I had bought them locally.

http://www.nyc.com/best-of-new-york/...ew_york.s3426/

Forbideen Planet is a great one as well. Went there in 2011 and it was awesome! St Mark's looks like to check out as well. Have a blast in NYC!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

How are you getting about in LA?

Idk how easy it is to get to with public transport, but If you can make it I'd highly reccomend Frank & Son collectables show. It runs every Wednesday and Saturday.
    It's huge, and - at least when I went in 2009 - there was heaps of transformers stuff, Hasbro and Takara.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    How are you getting about in LA?

Idk how easy it is to get to with public transport, but If you can make it I'd highly reccomend Frank & Son collectables show. It runs every Wednesday and Saturday.
    It's huge, and - at least when I went in 2009 - there was heaps of transformers stuff, Hasbro and Takara.
    That place sounds amazing... I wonder why I've never heard of it before. If it has been around for a few years, I would have checked it out on one of my LA BotCons (like last year).

LA
    Lobos... near lax
    Puzzle zoo - there two in la area i liked the santa monica one
    Any Target - i got my wave 4s there
    Kmart - i got my insecticon set here and motor master

Nyc
    Forbidden plant - didn't have much when i was there (august)
    Image anime - only place i saw mps
    Tru - main one not much but the store is huge so go there last i suggest
    Tru theres a tru express they actually have better stock then flagship ... flagship too busy and restock not in time blah blah

I got the most my stuff in canada giving the aud vs usd. At least aud vs canadian dollar was better.

Hope this helps

I remember going to TRU
    I had to choose between a 25th anniversary optimus or an Armada Unicron as my Christmas present. To this day I wish I chosen Unicron.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    I remember going to TRU
    I had to choose between a 25th anniversary optimus or an Armada Unicron as my Christmas present. To this day I wish I chosen Unicron.
    Wash your mouth out with soap young man.

Thanks guys for the info much appreciated. I read about a few of the places you guys have mentioned forbidden planet sounds very cybertron haha. I have 2 suitcases to fill so I'll see how I go