• Yes, I will continue with all TT MPs

4 7.41%
  • Yes, I will continue collecting most/many TT MPs

17 31.48%
  • I might still get the occasional release

20 37.04%
  • I'm seriously having second thoughts about continuing,

7 12.96%
  • I'm out, my wallet can't take anymore.

6 11.11%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you still collect MP Transformers with the higher prices?

Default Will you still collect MP Transformers with the higher prices?

With the pricing of MP43 BW Megatron revealed at 35000 yen and the higher prices for Cordon and the G1 Megatron and Shockwave toy repaints in addition to Dinobot's high price it appears Takara Tomy are going with high prices going forward.

How does this affect your collecting of Takara MPs?

I'm really only interested in the Autobot cars. That won't change.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

I would like to collect them all, as feature "centrepiece" editions of select characters, but will probably have to be more selective in future.

Naturally lower prices is better but it wont likely change my collecting. If there are higher prices and a sudden flurry of new bots/repaints then that might result in cutting back on other aspects of my collecting such as tracking down missing G1 accessories and bots or splurging on the occasional Japanese G1.

Galvatran Guest

I couldn't care less about Beast Wars. Sorry Verno.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I would like to collect them all, as feature "centrepiece" editions of select characters, but will probably have to be more selective in future.
    One can live on bake beans on toast for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Bread and water mate lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    I couldn't care less about Beast Wars. Sorry Verno.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Bread and water mate lol
    2-minute noodles with frozen peas & corn put in

I’ll still grab any new G1 characters they release, but no more variants or diaclone characters and I never bothered with the BW ones anyway

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm considering if I continue to buy any further MP with the exception of 2 figures, Hound and Jazz (should we ever actually see him released as an MP). Between the straight toon styling not appealing to me as much, no more access to Amazon Japan and higher prices in general I can't buy at the same rate was before. Even though there are a few more bots I would have liked to have purchased.

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I know that as collectors we only make up a fraction of the market that purchases Transformers, but I can’t help but think that with TT making Masterpiece figures more expensive that they could potentially damage the franchise by slowing down sales of other toys in order to obtain the more expensive ones? Which would in turn provide less money to create MP figures?

Or am I being silly?

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I know that as collectors we only make up a fraction of the market that purchases Transformers
    Not in this case as I understand it. It's easy to forget, but technically and legally, these figures aren't made for Western markets, but the Japanese market. I could be mistaken, but I think it was Gok who told me once (it'd be over 15 years ago at this point) that where Hasbro's primary demographic for Transformers was overwhelmingly kids, Takara's was adults with a primarily G1 focus. It's pretty reasonable to say that the vast majority of the market for Masterpiece figures are adults.

To answer the question though, I'll probably wait for them to shelfwarm and go on special. For example, I'm pretty sure I've seen Roadrage go on special for as low as ¥3,500 on HLJ recently. I get the feeling that shelf-warming is going to happen a lot more frequently from now on with the Masterpiece line.