Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122

Thread: September's special selections

Quote Originally Posted by koolkollectibleskhai View Post
    Find of the day!!! Thanks to Jason McEvil from Transformers Collectors Club Australia for the tip off!

Big W here in Australia are selling this awesome 8-issue reprint of the original first Transformers comics for $24! Plus it comes with Megatron and Optimus from the 3d puzzle line.

All beautifully printed in pretty high quality covers and paper too! Love this!!

It's October

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Transformers IDW Collection Phase 2 Vol 1 (from Bookdepository)

what was the packaging like on the IDW hardcover?
    I've ordered a bunch from Amazon but they weren't wrapped individually and not packaged very well, all of them got damaged. When I asked for replacements they sent them the same way and got damaged again, although a bit less. I'm hesitant to order any more online now. I've ordered other hardcover books before from Book Depository and they arrived fine but didn't seem too secure or protected, so I'm not sure if there is just something a bit more fragile about these IDW ones (they kind of do seem a bit more fragile in a way in my hands) or I just got really unlucky

It just came in a solid cardboard custom fit envelope, slightly thicker to the smaller cardboard envelopes than most of my trades come in. They didn't do any extra protection. There might be some slight rubbing at the edges, but I find the individual envelopes that Bookdepository use usually provide better results than Amazon's big boxes.

But I've also ordered some big book (Marvel Omnibuses) from Amazon and they were shrinkwrapped and treated with some better care too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It just came in a solid cardboard custom fit envelope, slightly thicker to the smaller cardboard envelopes than most of my trades come in. They didn't do any extra protection. There might be some slight rubbing at the edges, but I find the individual envelopes that Bookdepository use usually provide better results than Amazon's big boxes.

But I've also ordered some big book (Marvel Omnibuses) from Amazon and they were shrinkwrapped and treated with some better care too.
    ok that's interesting, I think last time I ordered from Book Depository they just came loose in a cardboard box. Might get onto it...