Thread: Autobot G1 Cassettes - KO or Real?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Default Autobot G1 Cassettes - KO or Real?

Just wondering if anyone knows if there has been a KO set of the G1 Autobot Cassettes (Rewind and Eject) made? I went to a toy collector store this morning and the guy was selling both for $75 each! They were in immaculate condition - seriously. No chrome wear, no scratches, no peeled stickers. Perfect condition! Almost too perfect! I had to wonder if they were KOs, but if not is $150 for both a fair price?

He also had a complete set of G1 Combaticons for $250 - they were in very good condition too!

No, there hasn't been any KO Autobot tapes released so far. Mostly the KO tapes are that of the Decepticons. Whatever KO Auto tapes you may encounter out there are visibly, easily seen as KO (cheap plastic, disproportionate size, no decals,etc). Not like the Decepticon ones which are really almost identical looking, but still easily discernible as KO. Paying 150 for 2 tapes is pretty steep ... for me huh. they usually sell for about errrrmmm the most $50 each as the most Ive seen. But then this isn't as immaculate probably as you've described. Also the gold chromed weapons version costs more than the silver ones. They are not also that rare a figure to sell for such a high price, IMO. If it was like say beastbox and/or squawktalk, then that price would be ok. But it really depends on how much you are willing to pay for such a piece, as a collector and consumer anyhoo. Cheers.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Yeah, I thought it was a bit steep. Only one of the cassettes (can't remember which one... I think it was Rewind tho) had gold weapons. Even so, it's just a little too expensive for me.

Still, I'm amazed at the condition they were in... they looked brand new (which is why I was suspicious I guess)

Rewind was available with gold or silver chrome weapons - afaik neither is more valuable than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Rewind was available with gold or silver chrome weapons - afaik neither is more valuable than the other.
    if your trying to get some money from American fans, sell the gold ones to them, according to my tf book they gold ones were not released there

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Going by my wallet that's too much.

Is there any big give away on the Decepticon cassettes that they are KOs? I bought Ravage and Rumble earlier in the week and they seem to be OK... but then again I have little experience in the matter.

Just the feel of the plastic itself when you hold it Im afraid, so if your gonna buy them from ebay just on pictures then it'll probably be a little late to know... rumble's red parts seem to be a little bit brighter red than that of the original. I cant say for ravage though - I only have a fake rumble/ laserbeak which I bought CURIO SAKE....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are KOs, I felt Laserbeak then compared him to Rumble and noticed a difference. Oh well, they do their job at least.

benben2142 Guest

. I can afford those cassettes there not so much expensive, I would say the price is all right for $75 because it’s affordable