Page 443 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 423433438439440441442443444445446447448453463 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Hey guys, I'm heading to Hong Kong soon and I was hoping someone here could give me some recommendations on places where I can find Takara Tomy Products such as DOTM Striker Optimus and MP-10 Convoy and just generally good places to shop for good value. Hobby stores or departments store, anything will help
    Check out the TFs in Hong Kong thread for Heroic_decepticon's very useful maps to stores. I found them useful but shopped around for the best prices.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    He was available here as a mail-away during 1987, because I got one. I can't remember what it came with though though. Perhaps look on ebay to see if any complete ones are listed and see what they say is included in their sale. Or do a google images search for it, as often people will upload photos showing off entire contents of their mint, rarer figures.
    Thanks - does anyone have a scan of the actual mail away form with the Australian address? I'm assuming it would be a Reinforcements from Cybertron brochure or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Thanks - does anyone have a scan of the actual mail away form with the Australian address? I'm assuming it would be a Reinforcements from Cybertron brochure or similar.
    I should have several copies of the mail away form (it was a much smaller form than the Reinforcements from Cybertron one, more the size of the Decoys one if you know it) but am unsure if they have made the move to my new place yet. If they have I'll give you a scan (or a physical copy if you like).

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    My question, Transmetal 2 Megatron in beast mode's tail... Is his head supposed to sit behind the ball thing (very visibly) or fold away under his bumb (but then having the tail upside down).

The upside down tail makes it look more natural in regards to flow from body to tail (aside from it being upside down... ) but the head sitting on his back really annoys me.

Everyone should get theirs out now. Year of the Dragon!
    I've always just kept the tail the right way up, figuring the transparent yellow cap was enough covering for his head for my liking. I don't think there is a right or wrong way, but who really knows for sure, as there were other features of that model that got missed out of the instructions.

Fantastic figure though.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I personally love how TM2 Megatron's robot mode body looks like Bomberman!

Does anyone here have any familiarity with the MC Axis model kits? MC Axis kits link at TF Wiki

These were released in 1996, but considered "vintage" by many collectors.

The Alvarez book lists them as worth US$500-600 per piece.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone know of any TF or non-TF toy weapons that could be cannibalised to make replacement scopes for a Beast Wars Metals X-9? Whichever amateur modder had mine before me butchered the scopes and predictably enough I haven't found any sites selling just the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Does anyone here have any familiarity with the MC Axis model kits? MC Axis kits link at TF Wiki

Any thoughts?
    I have the Arcee resin kit. The castings are quite nice and it'll build up into a nice figure but those prices are insane
    It's quite small standing around 100mm high.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post

Any thoughts?
    The last '87 Arcee I saw went for around $250. But the galvatron one goes for around $60-$120... same price as the '96 ones.

IMO The book has some very nice pictures but the price guide and commentary are pretty bad.

Anyone know where I can read the BotCon 2006 comic online?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...