Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP Optimus pics & compared to JP version

is it just me or does the Hasbro version have just a few more paint apps? the running lights on top of the cab for instance, and as Gok mentioned, eyballs for witwiliky
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Ah yes, the top cab lights do indeed have extra paint apps. That's cool. Also, the truck windows on the Hasbro version appears to have a very slight/subtle blue tinge/hue to it... possibly another effort to make it look more like the cartoon model. Would've been cool if they made Witticky (sic) blonde and called him Buster, but I guess that kinda defeats the "toon accurate" theme of the Hasbro version (plus Buster never wore boots).

A Hasbro version of a toy looking better than the Takara release? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?

Very impressed will be buying for sure.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I love it!! Can't wait to grab this

I can't be the only who does "not" like the look of the paint apps? Surely.

And are his eyes painted in the same lighter blue as his legs?

Takara for me...

Hmm... to me, this comparison reminds me of what a G1 Prime looks like next to a Pink-imus Prime; I think my main qualm is the choice of Blue used in the Hasbro version, it's just way too light for my tastes & I much prefer Takara's more 'Original-Toy' Blue.

It's kind of set me back in wanting to obtain this release again, my opinion may change though if/when I see it in person - $150 is still a pretty damn good price, even if North America will be getting it for $99.

Yeah man, that's exactly what my problem is with the toy as well...I feel that the blue is too light. Not a fan...

Personally I don't think yellow paint apps for Primes lights improve the toy at all, I think Prime looks best when they confine the use of yellow to his lower torso, too much just doesn't look good.

I think the Taktomy one still looks a little more classy than the Hasbro one, but as the Hasbro one is cheaper (and I already have Takara's original MP Prime) that's the one I will get.

LOL You people amaze me, You complain when there aren't paint apps on the Hasbro version and then complain when there are. I also don't consider the Tak/Tom colour to be blue, I would call it more a purple which does match up with the original G1 toy colours.

Purple? :\

Anyway, I complain more about the 'shade' of the color apps, not so much the lack there of on a particular area of the toy such as headlights ect. Prime Bulkhead comes to mind. I'd rather hasbro over TT.

In Prime's case, I just feel (IMO) that the shade of blue is too light for my liking.