Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I figured it meant Ra's, for Batman to do it to meant he was an equal adversary. (I hated that part of the game though ) Not sure who else it could be.
    Okay, thanks.

Steer clear of the Advanced Augmented Reality training then, much worse than the Demon Trials...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Okay, thanks.

Steer clear of the Advanced Augmented Reality training then, much worse than the Demon Trials...
    Yep. The flying moves for some of the Riddler trophies were hard too, but doable, but had to give up on the advanced training. I think there were two of those I just couldn't do. The one through the tunnel to the steel works for sure, and I think one on the other side of the city.

Has anyone been reading the AvX stuff at all?? What do u think of it..

I am finding it a real bore to read through not to mention it jumps all over the place. I don't want to buy every issue of marvel to enjoy the story. But i think that is what u need to do.. At this moment I am hoping Frank Castle rides in and puts a few people down to finish the story....

There was a good couple of parts where spidey had a chance to shine tho...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I had a long wait to read AvX. I ordered the hardcover back in April to get 33% off, and it's now arrived. I was following the story through reviews and previews and bought issue 12 to see what the conclusion would be without spoilers.

The hardcover is a nice package and flicking through I do like the bright artwork but I don't have a lot of faith in the story. It's also a nice touch that it comes with a code to download the book via Comixology.

I like that they left the extra "Vs" series as a backup rather than trying to put those issues in the middle of the main 12 parter. There's another "companion" hardcover for all the crossovers but I don't feel the need to get that.

Overall, I'm more interested in the Now series. I like the new status quo for the X-Men's Extinction Team. Schism seemed really forced and I didn't like it, but this outcome is good just took a bit too long to get to. The "All New X-Men" series looks good too. I'm currently in no rush to read the Wolverine/Uncanny series between Schism and AvsX, and happy to jump back in with this NOW relaunch.

Where is a good place to buy Trades online?

I've been buying all my trades from Bookdepository for the last two-three years.

I'm seeing lots of good comments about the new series Saga. Anyone reading it?

I'm also hearing lots of great things about Hawkeye as well and am probably going to buy the first trade due out in a couple of months.

I've been reading All New X-Men and the first story arc just finished (they rushed out the five issues over a few weeks) and overall I like the series so far. Was a bit concerned about what Bendis would be like on the X-books but so far I like it, a few minor issues aside.

I read the first 3 issues of Saga... found it to weird for my tastes but I can see why people like it. I'm a big fan of the writer but the world/setting/weirdness didn't work for me.

Hawkeye has been pretty good if you can get past the almost retro style of art. I'd say picking up the first trade is a good idea... you'll either love it or just think it's ok.

All New X-Men has been better than I expected... was a bit worried about Bendis but I've enjoyed the crap out of it so far.

Has anyone been reading the marvel NOW! "not a reboot but a reboot" stuff??

out of most of the titles, (sorry i just cant get into X-titles anymore and havent read many of them) Thor: God of Thunder has impressed me the most.

Thunderbolts i also enjoy, something about the team is just brilliant, although i would like to see frank shoot wade on a regular basis...you know just because...Flash "Venom" Thompson seems to be the odd one out a little compared to the rest of the line up

Iron man is so so but 5 issues in the space of 2 months made it loose some appeal,

avengers i really didnt think it needed changing but for the time beong is so/so and that is all of them out so far

Superior Spider-Man.........anyone read this.... i mean first encounter spidey has with Dr Strange and it should all be over... i like spidey but why do they need to keep dishing him crap stories.....

Deadpool....Sucks... sorry DP but your old book was much more entertaining then the current drivel your dishing out and then you release Deadpool: Killistrated

What is everyone (if anyone) else think???
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I was interested in checking out Uncanny Avengers, but a mind control story straight away has me less interested. Plus it seems to ignore all the work put into Rogue over the past few years in X-Men Legacy.

FF looks quite fun but otherwise I'm not venturing too far from my X-Men corner at the moment.

Re: your comment about Doctor Strange, the Superior Spider-Man has already come across one of the most powerful telepaths in the world and bluffed his way out of it. I liked this comment on the ridiculousness of it in another blog:

But no, in a world that was invaded by shape shifters a few days ago Marvel time, the cagey guy acting out of character can totally talk members of the most possessed sueprteam in the world into taking his increasingly agitated word for it that he’s legit.