Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2333383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Does anyone know if they are accepting new subscriptions, and if so how one goes about signing up?
    I checked the hachettepartworks website but it says UK and Ireland only and the transformerscollection website still redirects to bissettmags (or rather tries to, since there's no website there).
    Any newsagency should be able to subscribe on your behalf and order back issues.

The only issue here is it's technically not "the" subscription where you get the bookends, mugs, etc. or the lock-in price.

Issues 40 and 41 arrived today. Matrix Quest and TF vs GI Joe part 1.

On another note, seems that I'm getting charged by my Visa as an international transaction. Noticed this last month as well. An extra $1.20 for me per month.

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post

On another note, seems that I'm getting charged by my Visa as an international transaction. Noticed this last month as well. An extra $1.20 for me per month.
    Yeah, it sucks...

The two that I got in the mail this week as well...

Which is (finally) the halfway mark, and the set looks like this now...

That was noticed when Bissette folded, and the UK producer of these (Hachette) took over, including taking the payments directly, which meant an international transaction (and fee if you have a credit card that charges it).

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Yeah, it sucks...
    The $1.20 sucks. But frankly the TF vs GI Joe inclusion sucks as well. Others may love it which is all good, but its really not my cup of tea going from all the previews I read of each comic when they were released. I'd rather the whole series be just pure G1 Transformers rather than including G1 crossover comics. Heck, I'd even have taken the Beast Wars comics included instead of the Joe ones, as one could argue that G1 and BW are the same continuity.

Oh well, I paid for it so I guess I might as well read it. Who knows, I may possibly even like it. That would be a nice surprise.

hey guys, how are your pages?

Out of 30 or so volumes so far about 5 have been like this.

I photograph them and request replacements.

It's where the machine has not cut / separated the pages properly. If possible I would just trim the corner myself, but the way it folds it makes the corner basically rip off no matter how you trim it, (like a perforated edge) as well as having 5-10 pages stuck together.

Had some earlier one that were worse where the whole side of the page (as in the vertical edge) was stuck / not cut for like 20+ pages all the way along, not just the corner like this one.

-

does anyone know the most relevant customer service to email now?

Is the one highlighted in above image in RED still valid for OZ?

I have about 5 diff email contacts for them back during that whole handover thing and don't know which one to send to now.

Who are the new lot again that it got handed over to in OZ (not Hachette, the maker) but the local aussie rep / distribution lot?>

THANKS GUYS!

Glad the site seems to be working again, but still with some drop outs huh?
    Last edited by Batfan007; 22nd May 2019 at 11:06 AM.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The $1.20 sucks. But frankly the TF vs GI Joe inclusion sucks as well. Others may love it which is all good, but its really not my cup of tea going from all the previews I read of each comic when they were released. I'd rather the whole series be just pure G1 Transformers rather than including G1 crossover comics. Heck, I'd even have taken the Beast Wars comics included instead of the Joe ones, as one could argue that G1 and BW are the same continuity.

Oh well, I paid for it so I guess I might as well read it. Who knows, I may possibly even like it. That would be a nice surprise.
    You talking about the Tom Scioli one? If you read it in jest, it's balls to the wall crazy. Plenty of weird things if you're a fan of either property but just treat it as a stand alone thing. I don't know if they'll include the interviews from the back of each issue, writer and artist ask each other questions. While it's a bit ingratiating is does it's job in making you appreciate what they tried to do in the comic and the passion they have for comics in general.

With this included I hope this means they also include the other iterations of TF VS G.I.Joe... The TF UK one, the Marvel one, the Dreamwave one and the Devils Due... two?

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    hey guys, how are your pages?

Out of 30 or so volumes so far about 5 have been like this.

I photograph them and request replacements.

It's where the machine has not cut / separated the pages properly. If possible I would just trim the corner myself, but the way it folds it makes the corner basically rip off no matter how you trim it, (like a perforated edge) as well as having 5-10 pages stuck together.
    Oh dear.

I can't help you with your query but all mine are still sealed. is there a way to see these flaws without opening them?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    With this included I hope this means they also include the other iterations of TF VS G.I.Joe... The TF UK one, the Marvel one, the Dreamwave one and the Devils Due... two?
    TFUK crossover is in Vol 9 and the Dreamwave (World War 2) crossover is in Vol 31.

The Marvel US one isn't included, nor does there appear to be any room for the multiple Devils Due series.

The other outstanding question if the later IDW books with Transformers and Joe characters (like Revolution/Revolutionaries etc) will be included... but it looks doubtful.

That's awful luck Batfan. I have a lot of mine unopened as I want to read in order, but I'm going to have to check them all now;
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I heard that a fair few people were getting those uncut pages (from the UK fans posting about it on TFW). I think it was just certain issues... but I haven't had a look through many of my volumes yet to see if I had some, or if it was the same volumes. I, like most people who probably didn't notice it either, was leaving these until I had most or all of the volumes, to go from start to finish.