Page 342 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 322332337338339340341342343344345346347352362 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Hey guys, a quick question Im sure you can help me with, there is a guy selling the following Transformers:

Generation 1 Rodimus Prime - Takara Toys Japanese Reissue - Mint in Box - $100.00

Generation 1 Ultra Magnus - 25th Anniversary Commemorative Reissue - Mint in Box - $100.00

TRNS-01 Valkyrie - Generation 1 Arcee (as seen in Transformers Animated Movie), made by Impossible Toys - Mint in Box - $100.00

Generation 1 Kup & Wheelie - Takara Toys Japanese Reissue - Mint in Box - $70.00

Or the lot for $350.00.

Really would like the Arcee and Rodimus, so is any of that a good deal?

thanks.

I'm not sure about Valkyrie, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near those prices for the G1 reissues. I'd probably pay about half of that asking price for each of them. That's just my opinion though

Okay in light of the recent feeling amongst all Aussie members regarding the lack of RTS Wave 1 or the possibility of a no-show of PCC in Australian retail I'm thinking of resorting to online-shopping, which I have never done (apart from eBay) but have asked about a bit on these boards. I also have a few more questions...

A) Do these stores ever get their stock back? The RTS Wave 1 and Highbrow figures at BBTS and TF-source AND RK are all out-of-stock.

B) Do any of these sites offer a postage quote BEFORE you make the purchase?

I know that I can ask the stores these questions as well but I prefer a customer's opinion first.

Yes these online stores do tend to re-Stock but you have to be quick, based my experience (with BBTS) since they've got a massive buyer base nowadays their re-stock stuff tend to be limited and are taken up in a snap.

Their postage quote is usually after youve purchased - they will only make mention of what methods they use and are available in their FAQ. Unlike when buying thru ebay that you can pretty much ask the seller fist how much post cost will it be to Australia. Guess coz theyve got an in built computing system on postage to their ordering program which takes care of the post cost computation - but tends to be very pricey and at times overcharged (based on exp with BBTS) compared to what it really should cost....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Okay in light of the recent feeling amongst all Aussie members regarding the lack of RTS Wave 1 or the possibility of a no-show of PCC in Australian retail I'm thinking of resorting to online-shopping, which I have never done (apart from eBay) but have asked about a bit on these boards. I also have a few more questions...

A) Do these stores ever get their stock back? The RTS Wave 1 and Highbrow figures at BBTS and TF-source AND RK are all out-of-stock.

I know that I can ask the stores these questions as well but I prefer a customer's opinion first.
    For B)- RK gives you the quote before purchase. Just place all items you want, then check out. Place all the details i.e. what shipping to use, insurance, etc then press next- There will be a page "order confirmation" this page will detail the fig, price, total and shipping/insurance. It will ask you to confirm- once you click confirm it will transfer you to paypal to proceed with transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post

I've only ever shopped with BBTS so far...
    but I have generally been pretty impressed. I think they do re-stock on a fairly regular basis, if you get on their email list they send out an update email on a weekly basis which is generally more info than anyone could ever need but if you are waiting for a particular item to re-stock you might find that useful.

They do have a postage calculator that is part of the checkout process and you do find out how much they are going to charge before you complete the transaction. There is generally a couple differnt postage methods available also so you can pick whichever suits your needs re: speed of deliver Vs price.

I have found though that the best way to shop with them is to set up a "pile of Loot" that way they charge you for items but keep them on site and you can elect a time in the future to send your loot and in the mean time you can add things to your order. I have found that the cheapest postage works out once you have a fair sized haul and get it sent UPS international, it turns up in a week, is tracked all the way and when you have close to ten items it works out between $6 and $10 per item for postage. which makes it overall competetive with buying off the shelf here in australia for some things while the dollar is good.

Do we know for sure if Australia is going to miss the RTS line with Kup, Scourge, Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, Tracks, Grappel etc.? Cos I've seen some people say that they've sighted and purchased some of these toys locally, but other people saying that we're going to miss them.

So anyway, I emailed Hasbro yesterday and... no reply (so far). ): I called Hasbro today and... they said they'll get back to me. /:

everytime I contact TakaraTOMY I get answers straight away... (-_-)

We've skipped the first wave of deluxes at this point (Tracks, Jazz, Fallback, Mindset). I don't know if they're going to show up later or not. The first wave of voyagers (Lugnut, Grapple) have been spotted at several K Marts.

The second wave of deluxes have been sighted and purchased by several members in several states, including me (This is the Prime, Bumblebee, Wreckgar and Perceptor wave).

Future waves, who knows?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Do we know for sure if Australia is going to miss the RTS line with Kup, Scourge, Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, Tracks, Grappel etc.? Cos I've seen some people say that they've sighted and purchased some of these toys locally, but other people saying that we're going to miss them.

So anyway, I emailed Hasbro yesterday and... no reply (so far). ): I called Hasbro today and... they said they'll get back to me. /:

everytime I contact TakaraTOMY I get answers straight away... (-_-)
    Aus has RTS DEluxe Wave 2...... which is Perceptor, Wreckgar, G2 Prime and Black Stripe BB. So far we are without RTS Deluxe wave 1 which has tracks, jazz and 2 movie repaints.

Scourge and Kup are Generations figs. Also Thundercracker and Wheeljack will be Generations and probably warpath/Arcee...... there has been no evidence of RTS wave 3 yet and with the amount of movie stuff floating about it seems theyre the next big restock but generations will probably run along side of movie toys since theres no sign of it slowing down.
    WANTS
    BotCon Dreadwind. Classics Mirage.[B]

Question Question...

I know he won't see this (or bother checking any other parts of the forum) since all he posts are links to his reviews, but does anyone actually watch blurrprime's video reviews?