Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official - MP-36 is a new Megatron

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    1/ Shipping it in robot mode stopped working with AU Customs in 2007 (which is when they learnt to identify Megatron's silhouette in robot mode).
    2/ AFAIK anyone attempting to import this toy - either as retailers or private owners - will need to satisfy legal owning criteria where applicable.

See the sticky thread about owning Gunformers in Australia here.
    It has worked for Apollyon Desportron and mightron FYI for someone who had not been bothered with 3p counterparts . I think they are looking at an outdated shadow lol

I believe even members in Sydney Melbourne and qld all have one of these pass through undetected

It would look so much better if they got his crotch to sit about a centimeter lower. And lost the hip flaps.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    It would look so much better if they got his crotch to sit about a centimeter lower. And lost the hip flaps.
    That's quite the Harry Highpants impersonation he's pulling off.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I think he looks magnificent. The hip flaps are entirely cartoon accurate, unlike Ironhide / Ratchet. Definitely ordering doubles of him to have one on display. After 30 odd years of Transformers collecting I will finally have a G1 Gun style Megatron!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Fingers crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    I wonder if it would be easier for them to obtain a license to import given they have a reason to do so...

Maybe we should all flood their inbox with queries!
    Being in QLD, it might be easier for them to get an import permit than if they were in some other parts of the country. Because we don't require any permits for owning a replica weapon (only need a free permit for importing.) Fingers crossed

More pics up, tformers.com has a pretty decent set.

The gun-mode stock becomes a Tamashii-esque stand for him in robot mode. That's pretty clever.

At least we don't have to get someone in Japan to glue an orange plug into the barrel of Megatron like the US collectors do just to import one.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Being in QLD, it might be easier for them to get an import permit than if they were in some other parts of the country. Because we don't require any permits for owning a replica weapon (only need a free permit for importing.) Fingers crossed
    Owning one, yes it is easier in QLD, but importing in bulk and selling them as a business could probably require a gun dealers license, as some other states require it if selling an imitation gun (legally).

I'm hoping there is no problem for PC since they sold Apollyon.
    Spiderken Away!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    I'm hoping there is no problem for PC since they sold Apollyon.
    You need to ask them how many did they have? And if it's limited minus VIP takes leaving almost zip. Too early to say I guess