Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: an ozformers podcast?

So um is it a live feed or pre recorded stuff.... I still dont fully grasp it
    So you just listen to it, or is it like something you put up in You tube with those talky blogs or something? I have no idea what Im talking about
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Its episodical. A bunch of presenters (at most 4) chat for about an hour about the topic at hand (in this case it would be like latest news, listener questions, what TFs you've picked up that week, etc etc). Episodes generally come out once a week or once every two weeks, and you can download each of them individually or subscribe using something like itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Its episodical. A bunch of presenters (at most 4) chat for about an hour about the topic at hand (in this case it would be like latest news, listener questions, what TFs you've picked up that week, etc etc). Episodes generally come out once a week or once every two weeks, and you can download each of them individually or subscribe using something like itunes.
    Oh okay, that clears it a bit more. Thanks!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Okay for the structure (in my mind) it'd be something like

• News (Global, Aus specific)
    • What you've bought that week/fortnight (or if we're finding that people haven't bought much, what you've picked up and played with that week/fortnight)
    • Discussion subject (some kind of pre decided subject for meaty discussion - example topics could include kitbashing/MISB v loose/using the internet or secondary market/what continuity do you find the most interesting/the current direction of the comic series)
    • Listener questions

Obviously it wouldn't be like a corporate business meeting - there'd be banter and stuff, but you wouldn't stray too far off topic for too long. The discussion subject area opens up the possibility of interviews with whoever is relevant to the subject (any good kitbashers we've got on here, or anyone into online retailing, etc etc). Other segments that we could look into are a (slightly spoilerific) look at new issues of the comics that have come out, although that would mean that anyone in that discussion would need to have read or at least be familiar with it.

liegeprime: check out BWTF.com for examples of Transformers podcasts.

I think the content should have an Australian focus as it would make it unique. There are already other TF podcasts out there (e.g. BWTF) that already cover global stuff, particularly from an American perspective. I think it's better to offer listeners something that isn't already covered.

an interesting idea, the contents will be quite limited though.

AFAIK, on 2nd thoughts.. the podcast contents could be just a read out of the News Mail that griffin sends out? -> http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7218

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    an interesting idea, the contents will be quite limited though.

AFAIK, on 2nd thoughts.. the podcast contents could be just a read out of the News Mail that griffin sends out? -> http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7218
    Having an Australian focus doesn't need to be narrow or limited. We can discuss things that were or are unique to Australia - Australian-only comics and the history of Transformers in Aussie newsagents, Australian distribution - the toys we never got and the 'rare' ones that we did get (and then sometimes shelfwarmed), the often insane prices we pay for toys compared to the US both on shelves and as a result of postage, weird novelties - like a look back at the Peters Transformers ice block (the lemonade/raspberry/cola ones that transformed our taste buds), the history of gun Megatrons in New South Wales from 1984 to today, and so on and on and on.

There's plenty of material that makes Australia interesting and unique, its just a matter of lateral thinking.

Even if we look at the same things, but from an Australian perspective. For example product reviews -- we look at it differently from Americans because we pay more for our stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Having an Australian focus doesn't need to be narrow or limited. We can discuss things that were or are unique to Australia - Australian-only comics and the history of Transformers in Aussie newsagents, Australian distribution - the toys we never got and the 'rare' ones that we did get (and then sometimes shelfwarmed), the often insane prices we pay for toys compared to the US both on shelves and as a result of postage, weird novelties - like a look back at the Peters Transformers ice block (the lemonade/raspberry/cola ones that transformed our taste buds), the history of gun Megatrons in New South Wales from 1984 to today, and so on and on and on.

There's plenty of material that makes Australia interesting and unique, its just a matter of lateral thinking.

That's true... I didn't give it much thought before commenting

I don't really think that an out and out review is the way to go - like cutting to someone to review a figure. However if we could have something along the lines of figure of the week, that is a relatively recent release that everyone on board has or has played with (or even if there was one who didn't have it who acted as a foil for those that did, asking questions and the like) I think that would be top.