Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asian Movie toy launch April 28th in several countries

Default Asian Movie toy launch April 28th in several countries

The Last Knight toys launched here in Hong Kong today.

Toys'R'Us is running a special promotion.
    I went and picked up a few things...

I was able to get Shadow Spark Optimus relatively easy thank goodness.

Freebies included:

A4 plastic folders and leather Transformers card tag.

plus this:

which allows me to redeem a limited edition Asia Exclusive Barricade figure, 2 free tickets to see The Last Knight in 3D at a premiere event plus 2 tickets to a Transformers Madness event in Tsim Sha Tsui Toys'R'Us on the 22nd June.
    Who's coming with me? (My kids are fighting over which one of them should come with me but I don't think I'll be taking either of them as I suspect it might run too late in the evening.)

From the link in the first post, it looks like the ToysRUs company in several Asian countries, had a midnight product launch of the toyline on April 28th (instead of April 24th like the rest of the world), and just like with the midnight launch for the TF4 toyline, there were freebies on offer, depending on how much you spent, or for just being the first there.
    Countries included in the midnight launch by Hasbro Asia and ToysRUs were China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand... and there was also an event in Indonesia and the Philippines, but might not have been partnered with ToysRUs (maybe they don't have any stores in those countries).

The Hong Kong event was attended by Bladestorm (in the first post), and a couple more photos of the store display can be seen here, with a human-sized Optimus, and a WALL of Transformers toys.
    The freebies (as seen in the first post) were allegiance folders (spend HK$300), a card holder (spend HK$600), an exclusive battle damaged Barricade toy (spend HK$1200, to be released/redeemed June 22nd), and for those who spent HK$1500 (about AU$230) they get the Barricade toy, two movie tickets and access to another fan event on June 22nd.
    (it notes that there will only be 300 Barricade toys produced, so if by chance there were more than 300 people buying over HK$1200 of movie toys last night, only the first 300 would get one)

I think the China event was the one with the reveal of the MP Movie Optimus, but their page is still saying "coming soon".

The Malaysia page also says "coming soon", and I haven't seen anything posted up about it's event yet.

The Singapore event, which was the first to be announced, and I had assumed to be the only one for this movie.

The Taiwan event (maybe not a midnight launch, but a promotional period from the 28th to 30th), with the prizes that were already announced here.

And in Thailand, it looks like the freebies on offer are luggage tags and USB drives, with the biggest spender getting one of the metalised Optimus Helmets that will be given away in Taiwan.

The Philippines event looks like it might have taken place in the middle of a shopping centre, with the help of a toy dealer website and a facebook fangroup. (has a video of the event at that link)

And for Indonesia, it looks similar to the Philippines event, with a shopping centre display that the fans helped out with. And on offer was an Optimus voice changer helmet to the biggest spender (might be the metalised one... or just a regular one).

It was odd that Australia wasn't included in this cross-country promotion by Hasbro Asia, as we were included in previous movie midnight launches.
    Last edited by griffin; 29th April 2017 at 05:56 PM.

Just to clarify for HK - there was no midnight launch. That appears to be happening in June for some odd reason. The toys just appeared on the shelves and Toys'R'Us HK did an announcement on their FB page. There was no pre-warning or pre-information so some were caught off guard. Normally these events have a huge fanfare beforehand but it's been an odd one this time.

The Midnight Madness event in HK will be limited, I am guessing in a similar way to the Star Wars one, where VIP ticket holders get additional exclusives and access to areas/people regular attendees don't as well as first chance to get into the store to buy the new line of figures (guessing in this case maybe the Wave 2 stuff?) At the Star Wars event they had the CEO for Toys'R'Us Asia, Hasbro Asia Pacific, CEO of Disneyland HK, etc. Unfortunately they didn't want to mingle even with us VIP holders so hoping it will be a little different for the Transformers event this time around.

Should also point out the plastic folders are one side Optimus, the other Megatron. I spent enough to get two... ewps.

The kids and I are headed over to TST to look at that statue and the display in the flagship store tonight. I'll post some first hand pictures from that if people want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Just to clarify for HK - there was no midnight launch.
    Noted, and corrected.
    Which store did you get all your stuff from then, and is it limited to specific HK TRU stores... as I would imagine that if the freebie items were on hand in each store, only a certain amount would have been given to each TRU store (so if you missed out at one store, you could ask around to see which TRU stores still had the freebies on hand, particularly if you wanted one of the 300 free Barricade toys or tickets to the June 22nd event).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Noted, and corrected.
    Which store did you get all your stuff from then, and is it limited to specific HK TRU stores... as I would imagine that if the freebie items were on hand in each store, only a certain amount would have been given to each TRU store (so if you missed out at one store, you could ask around to see which TRU stores still had the freebies on hand, particularly if you wanted one of the 300 free Barricade toys or tickets to the June 22nd event).
    Only 3 stores are running the promotion: Causeway Bay (HK Island mini-flagship store), which is where I went yesterday and they had literally just finished putting stock on the shelves when I arrived... Tsim Sha Tsui - the HK flagship store - which I imagine will have the largest number of freebie redemption stuff and Tsuen Mun which I have to confess I've never been to.

I'm curious to see how full the shelves are at TST today given this promotion has been kept so quiet...

Photos of the Display at the Tsim Sha Tsui Toys'R'Us store in Hong Kong. This is the flagship store and has the largest area set aside dedicated to Transformers.

Front entrance to store:

Moving video over static toy display:

Optimus Prime Statue which is probably about 6 ft tall if removed from its podium:

I took a video of the statue too for those who want to see it in a little more detail.
    Would LOVE to have been able to take this guy home.
    Barricade vs Bumblebee:

3 Headed Dragon (can't see it in the picture but the flames were lighting up red):

Madness Event details:

This looks to tease a few of the freebies to be given away on the night.

Also of note:
    The plastic folders and Transformers lanyard are NOT exclusive to Toys'R'Us as at least one other non-chain store in Hong Kong is also offering them for a minimum spend on Hasbro products (but no movie tickets or passes to the Madness event).
    Last edited by Bladestorm; 30th April 2017 at 06:57 PM.

Two photos from the Malaysian event last week, showing the wall of Movie toys, and the entry form to win one of eight Optimus Voice Changer helmets in "black electrostatic finishing"... which might just be the chrome ones that are on offer in other Hasbro Asia countries, or an entirely new black redeco.

That is a kick arse TLK Optimus statue!

Also very cool that you were able to secure 1 of 300 Barricade Bladestorm (once it arrives).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Looks like ToysRUs Singapore have a new extended campaign, giving away more of the Battle Damaged Deluxe Bumblebee toys (they note that it is an exclusive Bumblebee, which should be the same one... as they made 1170 of them for Asia promotions).
    The AU$ is pretty much at parity to the SG$ at the moment, and you only need to spend SG$200 to get one, but I can't read the fine print, so this would have to be limited to a small number, as the promotion goes until July 31st.
    For spending just SG$25, you get a free goody bag that appears to have four items in it, plus the Transformers themed bag, it would have to be up to $10 value.

(their regular prices are certainly more expensive than ours... so that's something to be thankful for I guess)

The HK ToysRUs page in the first two posts was updated at some time since this topic was started, as the China page has been removed, and the other two "coming soon" pages have been updated.
    Singapore just has a $10 off coupon (for a purchase above $50), that expired May 14th.

Malaysia has the promo freebie toys that have shown up at some other Asian TRU stores, with Battle Damage Deluxe Bumblebee and Voyager Optimus, given to people who purchase a certain amount of toys (limited to a specific number to each store).
    At one of the shopping centres listed with a ToysRUs, they have also had this pop-up display for the TLK movie (until June 12th), with several Prime 1 Studio statues on display.