Thread: G1 Scorponok Help....???

Default G1 Scorponok Help....???

Hi,

Guys

I have some Questions about Scorponok G1 ???

Ahh....

Im trying to buy one and I have a few questions

Did Scorponok actually come to AUS??
    Does anyone know how much he was when he was here (out of pure interest)?
    Are there many Scorponok Fakes? (Any way to tell differences)...
    Whats the best way to get a Scorponok? (Ebay probably but uk ebay, america ebay etc)?
    Anything I should know about Scorponok (i.e. what normally breaks on him etc)...
    Can anyone give me some background or advice regarding him... too anything
    Hehe want to sell a Scorponok?

Thanks Im new too so be nice

Did Scorponok actually come to AUS??
    He did. See here for a comprehensive list of locally released Transformers
    Does anyone know how much he was when he was here (out of pure interest)?
    I think he was about AUS $80-$90. Not 100% sure.
    Are there many Scorponok Fakes? (Any way to tell differences)...
    Scorponok hasn't been KO'd however Lord Zarak has. Generally speaking, the easiest way of telling a KO Headmaster from an original is the poor paint application on the face.
    Whats the best way to get a Scorponok? (Ebay probably but uk ebay, america ebay etc)?
    eBay Australia would be the best if you are trying to avoid huge shipping costs however they are not that common... especially complete ones.
    Anything I should know about Scorponok (i.e. what normally breaks on him etc)...
    There is nothing that fragile about him. The one downside is all of the accessories he comes with which are easily lost or hard to come by on the second-hand market.
    Can anyone give me some background or advice regarding him... too anything
    Hehe want to sell a Scorponok?
    Here's a good review of the toy
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

5FDP has done an excellent job at thoroughly covering all your queries Chris, as someone who has recently just completed their own G1 Scorponok ; I can attest to the heavy undertaking that trying to piece one together can be, I'd also like to suggest that if you'd be interested in acquiring a near-complete/complete G1 Scorponok then look to eBay UK as there tends to be more listed in a better condition then that of eBay AU or US.
    • If you want to go down the route of "Piece-Mealing" one together, then I'd say utilise all 3 eBays but if you want to try and go for a complete one; stick with eBay UK.
    • He's going to be expensive to obtain and his value is on a steady increase as of late; my own owes me around $500+ via the piece-meal route but one could pick up an almost as complete example for $350-$425.

Also, do not - repeat - DO NOT try to move Lord Zarak's unless you're willing to risk breaking his entire arm off of the joint, it's a very common issue with Headmasters and it's best to just avoid playing with the arms at all.

Best of luck in your endeavours Chris, please don't hesitate to ask if you've any furhter questions as I personally love G1 Scorponok and I'd be happy to give you a hand like many others here.

Im thinking now that trypticon is a better option is the city mode looks so much more cooler.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.farano View Post
    Im thinking now that trypticon is a better option is the city mode looks so much more cooler.....
    Well, I hope you don't completely give up on him even though Trypticon is quite cool (And is a figure I'd very much like to acquire myself but I just can't find a complete one at a decent price... ) though each to their own.
    Don't hesitate to ask any questions man, as it helps everyone really.