Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TFs Prime begins Nov 26th in America

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    Dude! You dont know? Wolverine & The X-men was cancelled long ago, beyond depressing yes, best animated x-men ever!
    I'd like to Humbly Disagree.
    Though, Wolverine & The X-Men was pretty good, unlike X-Men: Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Wolverine & The X-Men was pretty good, unlike X-Men: Evolution.

I like to call it Emo-Men! Honestly, what were they thinking with that show?

I like to call it Emo-Men! Honestly, what were they thinking with that show?
    I think they were trying to appeal to today's emo population

I'm not going to get to excited about TF:Prime. After all, i fought off the Animated series as long as possible before getting sucked in and look how that ended..and why.
    So now it happens again. Without getting to ahead of myself TF:Prime could have an excellent story and toyline (maybe) but why get sucked in if it's just going to get cancelled when TF3 is released?

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    ...but why get sucked in if it's just going to get cancelled when TF3 is released?
    Good point.

It's a fairly safe assumption that there will be no toy line considering that the show starts in little over a month and we would've at least seen some prototypes (resin molds) by now. I'll still watch it when it comes out.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

It's Hasbro's continual insistence on reinventing the brand every second day. On one hand, sure, it keeps the brand fresh, but on the other hand it makes it bloody hard to enjoy any long term continuity like we had with G1. But some people might say that G1 died a slow painful death between 1991-93... so perhaps Hasbro's not keen on repeating that.

But what gets me is that they're now axing TF series when they're not failing... often at the height of their popularity. And I've noticed that it's something that Hasbro started doing after Aaron Archer came along (coincidence?). It started with Beast Wars - axed during its prime. Armadaverse lasted 3 years, but it kept on being "refreshed" every year (so that you had to recollect the core cast (e.g. Optimus Prime, Hot Shot, Megatron, Ratchet, Starscream etc.) each year!) - so that was kinda annoying in a way. Then of course Animated didn't last long and who knows how long TFP will last.

And I really do miss the old days when Transformers had - more or less - a single overall continuity universe. Like even though the G1 comics, cartoon, books, bio tech specs etc. were all arguably separate continuities, at least they all fell under the umbrella of the G1 "megaverse". G2, Beast Wars and Beast Machines all likewise continued under that same 'megaverse.' Car Robot/RiD went off on a tangent, but as far as Hasbro was concerned it was a "filler" line... but then with Armada Hasbro made a conscious decision to explicitly do an entire continuity reboot.

There's pros and cons to doing this of course; the main advantage is that it's just a lot easier for writers to not have to research previous TF canon and try to tie in with it without causing massive contradictions. With a reboot you have the freedom to do whatever you want. But I feel that these reboots are just happening too frequently. It's almost as if Hasbro only wants to use continuity to market toys to a generation of children for one year, then expect them to 'grow out' of Transformers and focus the next year on roping in a new generation of kids. There seems to be little concern for actually _keeping_ kids interested in Transformers over the long term.

This annoys people like me who've never grown out of Transformers for 26 years. But I guess we're in a minority so we don't matter... *sobs*

Dude! You dont know? Wolverine & The X-men was cancelled long ago, beyond depressing yes, best animated x-men ever!
    Nowadays it's very rare for anything to last more than a couple of seasons no matter how good it may be. Cheaper series however can go for ages due to the low cost.

Which is the EXACT reason Marvel provided for the cancelling.

that and Im pretty sure disney would very much like to have the x-men at their disposal.

TFs : Prime is based on the book TFs : Exodus?

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    why get sucked in if it's just going to get cancelled when TF3 is released?
    My thoughts exactly. It's like falling love with someone knowing they're just gonna leave you in a few months time. The sex better be damn good...