Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collector Club store re-opening now aiming for end of July

Default Collector Club store re-opening now aiming for end of July

It's almost been half a year that the club was having problems with their servers and went off line... and the new update is that they are aiming for July 23rd for reopening it.

Admittedly, they've just had the GIJoe convention this month and the TFs convention last month, but if their resources are so thin that everything else and everyone else is put on hold until the hierarchy has a clear schedule. Which is why this has been taking so long, because there are things going on all throughout the year, tying up their limited resources.

Well they opened just after 12 CDT as promised...secured myself a 2012 BotCon Souvenir Combo Pack(Octopunch & Spinister 2pk, 2012 Comic Program, Trading Card Set) - Very Happy

It's open, but Spinister, Octopunch, the cards and comic will cost about $160 shipped.

I got my orders in, but wrote them with this:

Hi Funpub,

I was very shocked and disappointed at your shipping charges to Australia. Here were my two options to ship a single Runamuck:

Priority Mail International $37.95
    First-Class Mail International $59.00

1. Reversed?
    The first surprise is that you are charging MORE for First Class. I think there is a lack of understanding as International Priority is a more expensive service. First Class is the CHEAPEST international service.

2. First Class International
    The limit for sending USPS International First mail is 4 pounds, and a 4 pound package costs $30.44. Now, you'd have to be sending about 4 Runamucks in one box to come anywhere NEAR 4 pounds, and that would still cost around HALF the price you are charging. A 1.5lb. First Class International box to Australia would cost $14.74, nearly 4 TIMES less than what you are charging.

3. Priority International
    Priority International adds tracking and is generally a more reliable service. You can get a Small Flat Rate Box (8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8" up to 4 lb) for $16.95. Again, this is less than HALF of what you are charging.

Now, I understand there are packaging and handling costs (although you do charge extra for bubble wrap), but these charges are SO EXORBITANT, I'm suspecting and hoping that there is an error in your shipping calculations.

Sincerely,

Your Mama
    (obviously not that signature)

You tell them Jaydisc! I completely agree with that message.

If anyone wants to kick in their two cents in a forum more likely to be seen by Funpub, I've started a thread over at Seibertron. Please chime in there.

I _really_ want Hasbro to take the Transformers licence off FunPub and give it to another group. So much that i am not a member, and would rather buy their exclusives from a retiring collector than a member purchasing on my behalf (and give them a sale). FunPub reek of arrogance, indifference and incompetence.

Don't they realise that EVERY SINGLE TIME someone posts about international shipping, comments like mine^ gush out and pollute the threads? Often i can hold my tongue but there is always a % that lose it like I just did

Are there any well organised, possibly well financed, business smart groups out there wanting to work with Transformers?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I got my orders in, but wrote them with this:
    Sticking it to funpub
    (obviously not that signature)
    I ordered the 2 pk, runamuck and a shirt and got quoted:
    Priority Mail International $50.40
    First-Class Mail International $100.xx (can't remember cents)

It didnt click I was getting the premium service for less until I saw jaydisc's post, as $50 is what i have become used to paying for that amount of stuff to be shipped from the US and I didn't even look twice at the $100 option as there was no way I was paying that much (damb rip offs )

It's funny how funpubs email went on about ensuring club memebers didnt have to pay secondary market prices for thier exclusives and then it seems they turn around and make up shipping costs possibly to get a few extra bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I _really_ want Hasbro to take the Transformers licence off FunPub and give it to another group. So much that i am not a member, and would rather buy their exclusives from a retiring collector than a member purchasing on my behalf (and give them a sale). FunPub reek of arrogance, indifference and incompetence.

Snip...
    It would seem that Hasbro have a nack for picking quality companies to act on thier behalf
    Who here won a prize pack from the Hasbro transformers competition a few months back and had to deal with Yarramedia??
    Boy that was fun...no communication unless you emailed them first, no stock (waited over a month to get the prize), dodgy shipping method (a thin piece of bubble wrap around the whole package then wrapped in brown paper )...

When will hasbro wake up I wonder...

Well, when the package arrives - if the shipping amount on the box is significantly more than what they charged, they've said that they will refund the difference. Their calculator may be flawed, but at least they've said that they will fix it up afterwards - it's just a shame that they don't do it proactively (you have to chase them up, even though they check to make sure they got enough shipping charged).

I just fear the day that they don't have the shipping amount quoted on the box, like other places do (like BBTS)... preventing us from chasing up the difference, because they certainly won't do it on their own.

As for the license issue - unless you found a group that was made up of passionate fans, you'll just end up with the same problem we have with FunPub... a convention run by fans of another franchise, using that model to do the best they can with it. At least FunPub are fans of the closest franchise to Transformers... so might just be about as good as we'll get now.
    (just a shame that 3H imploded... they had a great formula)

Wait, Wot? the shop is back up? I haven't recieved an email from them since after Botcon. And that was about my sets.

Arseholes, definitely NOT renewing my subscription next year.