Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parcel Restriction

Default Parcel Size Restriction

Hi all

i am having a problem with an ebay seller, he states he cant send me a package because no matter how he packs the items (14 carded beast machines figures 10 basics 4 deluxes) it wont fit into our countries size restrictions

i am trying to find some evidence on what the maximum parcel size that aus post will recieve from an international source
    any help will be appreciated
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

The box that all my Beast Wars figures came in, all loose apart from TM2 Megatron and a Convention exclusive box, that 1AZRAEL1 acquired from the USA was roughly 4 foot by 3 foot and cost somewhere between $100 - $200USD to ship.

Now, bare in mind that it was 1AZRAEL1 who had this organised to be shipped and he received it before I, so he would be the best person to ask but I'll tell you dude, it was friggin' huge! and I'm pretty sure that 10 basic + 4 Deluxe carded figures would fit in it - Hell, depending on how good one is at packing, you could probably get 20+ carded figures in the box 1AZRAEL1 received.

I hope that helps mate but yeah, probably best ask 1AZRAEL1.

Well if it helps I can tell you that I got a big box back in May with 10 carded deluxes, a boxed deluxe and a boxed Universe Unicron, all in the one larger box from the US.
    So I can say with fair certainty that 10 carded basics and 4 carded deluxes should fit in the same size box.
    The seller sent it via the USPS (cant recall if it was Priority or Express though) and Australia Post had no problem with that one at all.

From what I could see Australia Post doesnt seem to actually have anything on their site that mentions restrictions of size/weight on incoming packages from overseas, only outgoing ones, so I'm not sure what else to say on the matter.

Not sure about us, but countries usually have similar sizing restrictions these days, for uniformity I guess. A couple years ago, I could post large boxes from BotCon to here, but last year I couldn't.
    10 carded basics and 4 carded deluxes, interlocked together - mustn't be much over the size limit though... if at all.

My wife said we do have restrictions. Aust post wont let her post a Giant My little pony cause its to big. But carded figures? Would the box be any bigger than getting a Fort Max posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    The box that all my Beast Wars figures came in, all loose apart from TM2 Megatron and a Convention exclusive box, that 1AZRAEL1 acquired from the USA was roughly 4 foot by 3 foot and cost somewhere between $100 - $200USD to ship.
    Man I remember that, cost me about 2 weeks pay back then (stupid exchange rate was pretty low)

But yea that box was at least a metre tall, and probably half a metre on either side.Didn't have any problems with it being shipped, but mind you this was a number of years ago, maybe 2005/06? Things might have changed since then, so I am not too sure.

Exclamation

After some research and some digging i came across this page

USPS - Country Conditions for Mailing — Australia

within the conditions it has the following

Value Limit:

The maximum value of a GXG shipment to this country is $2,499 or a lesser amount if limited by content or value.

Size Limits

The surface area of the address side of the item to be mailed
    must be large enough to completely contain the Global
    Express Guaranteed Air Waybill/Shipping Invoice (shipping
    label), postage, endorsement, and any applicable markings.
    The shipping label is approximately 5.5 inches high and
    9.5 inches long.

Maximum length: 46 inches
    Maximum width: 35 inches
    Maximum height: 46 inches
    Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches

so i think the seller either had an offer for more money or most likely he underquoted my on shipping costs...

either way i am annoyed

i also hope this helps others
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

He might be miscommunicating that it's his outbound restrictions.

Why not just have him break it into 2 boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    He might be miscommunicating that it's his outbound restrictions.

Why not just have him break it into 2 boxes?

he refunded the money without any communication prior to me recieving notification i was refunded the money i wasnt given any other option other then here is your moeny back which i think means he had someone else offer more money or he underquoted in shipping and didnt want the hassle

either way he has not responded to my emails since.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Sounds like he reneged for a better deal. Which I think is just a load of crap.