View Poll Results: TFPrime Bee Vs Screamer - worth buying?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 54.55%
  • Only if...

3 27.27%
  • No

2 18.18%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - TFPrime 2-pack (Bbee Vs Sscream)

Comparison pics between FE and 2 Pack Bumblebee and Starscream.

Thoughts:

Starscream
    2Pk Starscream is very grey. It's not quite Hasbro grey, but it's very grey which does give the jet mode a relatively more realistic looking jet fighter colour scheme, but also looks more dull. But then again the purple and pink highlights kinda go right against this. The FE Starscream mould does suffer from showing the entire robot chest on the jet canopy, and the singular grey does help it to blend into the jet and not stick out so badly. There are less paint apps on 2Pk Starscream; whether this is a good or bad thing is a matter of personal preference/taste. 2Pk Starscream looks really dull in robot mode... but I guess it's the nature of this mould. You can have a nice looking robot like FE Starscream with various colours offsetting each other well (and looking more like the cartoon), but then looks too "busy" in jet mode; or have the less colourful looking 2Pk Starscream which suffers from looking dull in robot mode, but a more unified look in jet mode.

I personally prefer the colours on FE Starscream. The purples and pink on 2Pk Starscream just doesn't sit right with me in both modes (unless you wanna pretend this is "Dark Energon Starscream" ). Also people who prefer show-likeness would be better off with FE Starscream.

Bumblebee
    First of it seems that Hasbro has fixed the problem with the lower breast panels which are a massive pain in the rear to open on FE Bumblebee. These same panels are quite easy to open and close on 2Pk Bumblebee. The colours on 2Pk Bumblebee are an improvement over FE Bumblebee. It uses a richer deep cadmium yellow which arguably looks more like the show model. The face is also painted silver which looks a lot nicer than the dark grey face on FE Bumblebee and is more show-like too.

Unfortunately this toy isn't without its flaws... the most obvious one is the use of Hasbro's Baby Blue along the stripes on the bonnet and doors. No idea why... just looks stupid. The belly panel and hips have no paint apps on them at all, and for some odd reason there's no Autobot insignia on this toy at all! What is it with Hasbro and randomly skipping insignias on certain TF Prime Deluxe figures?!? (this is the fourth time now...). Overall 2Pk Bumblebee has a much nicer choice of yellow plastic, but suffers from some inferior paint apps (or lack of).

The 2-pack is currently selling at Target for $33 which makes it really good value for 2 Deluxes (plus the bonus stuff). The regular price is $11 more, but is still good value IMO. Bumblebee can be easily improved by painting over the blues with black (should be easy enough with a steady hand ) then attach an Autobot logo sticker on the mid-chest panel. If not for the purple and pink Starscream would look a helluva lot better (perhaps it those parts can be painted over with a dark cobalt or grey-blue).

Conclusion: Overall the FEs are superior, but at $33 you're nearly getting 2 Deluxes for the price of 1 -- so in this sense I'd say it's reasonable value and worth buying, especially for anyone who's missed out on getting the FEs and are unable to find them at RRP.

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 31st March 2012 at 06:49 PM.

Finally got to check these out at a Myer yesterday. They actually look worse than I had imagined! The colours cheapen and totally ruin these otherwise above average toys. It's infuriating that this is the first taste Australia gets of the FE toys, what a joke.

It does get a few points for Silas' hilarious bug eyes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Finally got to check these out at a Myer yesterday.
    I thought they were Target exclusives. I sit corrected.

They actually look worse than I had imagined! The colours cheapen and totally ruin these otherwise above average toys.
    Yeah, and it could have been so easily avoided. Starscream would look tonnes better if not for a the purple and pinks and Bumblebee would actually look better than FE Bumblebee if not for the baby blues.

I don't consider these to be above average toys either. i_amtrunks' post explains a lot of the flaws about these moulds -- but in my review I didn't take them into account because they were already discussed in the review threads for the FE versions of these moulds... mine was more of a comparative review and obviously these toys will carry over any strengths/weaknesses of the originals. Having said that, they are above average for Transformers Prime... simply because the standard of the PRiD toys is so shockingly poor. The FE Bumblebee mould poops all over PRiD Bumblebee not because it's a fantastic design, but because PRiD Bumblebee is just such a piece of crap figure.

Both your comments and i_amtrunks' comments have encouraged me to change my final verdict for these toys. I did mention that they can be drastically improved with some repainting, but really... people shouldn't have to! Hasbro should just give them good colours to begin with.

It does get a few points for Silas' hilarious bug eyes though.
    The MECH dudes are the only reason I got this set actually. I split the cost of this set with someone else who's gonna get to keep the TFs.

Got this set yesterday. Great for 33 bucks but no more than that. The Bee is a nice yellow for a change. Other than the blue stripes he would have been perfect. So I painted over the blue with black. And added some more paint to the hips and other places they missed. Now he is the perfect Prime Bee

Starscream is cheap looking. But different so he will just play the part of another seeker.

I never really have to "Finish" TFs from other lines before. But I find myself doing just that with Prime toys alot.

I actually prefer this redeco of FE Bumblebee over the original Hasbro release. The colours are just so much better. Barring the allspark blue which is unfortunate but is growing on me. Might paint over it.

Starscream is ok. I like mold a LOT so as many as I can get my hands on, the better.

myers southland has this set for 39.95 today

Recent Purchases => TR Prime Optimus Maximus, Knight Morpher Cyclops, Bot Shots Battle for the Matrix, Steatlth Force Gears

Wants => TF Prime Deluxe Airachnid, FOC Wave 1

Decepticon Guest

Spotted these ar TRU today. $49.99. Looks like they will be shelf warming at every shop!

Down to under $20 for the pack at Myer Launceston now, so I'm guessing they're on clearance at other Myer's around the place too since they (as usual) over-priced them horribly in the first place.

Good toys for the price paid.