Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Woolworths DOmino Stars

Do a fair bit of trading, or have you been getting more with purchases?

I'm currently at 88 (thanks to all those $1 yoghurt things), and I'm still missing four!

Lol... Those yoghurts were awesome. These ones are much harder to complete. Have 5 of some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    The sharkticon only needs 1 tile now to finish the set plus whatever extras she can get her hands on

13 - Squirt
    18 - Mr Incredible
    25 - Princess Atta
    34 - Wall E
    36 - Merida - Incoming
    I got like 3 Mr Incredibles but I am in Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    later in the week is going to be a x2 domino deal
    Today and Tomorrow (Friday/Saturday) is double domino days.
    And it applies to the bonus items as well as the total purchase amount, which I tested out today with...

Buying 20 of those $1 squeezy yoghurt thingies at $20... gets 42 dominoes. (compared to just 1 domino if buying $20 of other items on a previous day)
    If you like fruit yoghurt without the fruit lumps, these aren't too bad. It is twice the price of normal yoghurt per 100gms, but considering the amount of dominoes you get with these today and tomorrow, that's not a bad price.

(I had a middle-aged lady behind me at the checkout who was shocked at the growing number of Dominoes on the register screen and asked rather excitedly how it was possible. I told her what I was buying and that it was double day, and she left the queue and ran off to the back of the store to find them. She didn't even know what they were, as I had to explain that they were yoghurt, not a drink.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    At this rate I'm going to need to buy another 200 of these things just to get a set of 44.
    Looks like I guessed right... I'm at 179 now, and I still don't have a full set of 44 yet.
    Last edited by griffin; 27th March 2015 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post
    I got like 3 Mr Incredibles but I am in Perth.
    happy to cover postage costs
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Looks like I guessed right... I'm at 179 now, and I still don't have a full set of 44 yet.
    that's a pretty good effort, we don't shop anywhere near that much to get anywhere near that amount and my wife doesn't by stuff just to get dominos

at the end of the promotion happy to take what ever you don't need/wantvwill even send some dollars your way as the little one loves building and knocking them down and the neighbour who is a primary teacher wants as many as she can get for her kindy kids as she uses them in her classes
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Aights can send it to you. Just came back from Woolies with 50 dominoes.

9 more to go. I have so many Russells, Randalls and Sallys.

Just completed ours this weekend...jumping from one Woolworths stores to another and doing some fair bit of trading. Never seen parents grabbing dominoes from their bag and finding what i need, one dad even said it looks like we are dealing illegal stuff the way we flock near a bus station...totally hilarious well for the sake of our kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    that's a pretty good effort, we don't shop anywhere near that much to get anywhere near that amount and my wife doesn't by stuff just to get dominos
    Yeah, I went a bit overboard with the $1 yoghurts.

At least it isn't junk food... and their tiny size means I don't eat many of them before getting sick of the taste.

It took me 210 before I finally completed one set... and with the rest of the ones I got in that batch, I have 255, but only one complete set. That's almost enough for six full sets, but thanks to several getting 10-12 each, I only end up with one full set.
    Not too upset though because it posted from the outset that it was expected. (you can't get disappointed if you know your odds are remote, so then anything you get is a success)

And I'm happy to have this many as I love building things with dominoes... like bricks, for my toys to destroy.