Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bumbleebee Movie - first trailer

This trailer has got me very excited. A lot of nice nods to G1, only with more believable transformations. I'm looking forward to seeing what Travis Knight has done with the franchise.

It felt like a Big Hero 6 buddy sort of movie to me. And thats ok.

Screamer looks mint. Bayverse design as it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Looks interesting.

1. The plane Transformer (almost certainly Starscream) looks amazing. PLZ immediately provide a Studio Series quality toy of that. Is he a Harrier?
    Internet is claiming he's an F-4 Phantom. Doesn't make a heap of sense thematically as the aircraft was reaching obsolescence about then and Starscream generally chooses the air superiority fighter of the day but I'm quietly hopeful that he gets an upgrade to the F-15 form as an in-film reveal.

I'm really liking the designs. As much as I enjoyed the original Bay Trilogy designs, I'm keen on some mix between the Bayverse and G1 designs, which these do quite well. Can't wait to see what other designs look like and a potential Grimlock

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Huh...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it looks... decent. But I've gotta crush that optimism. Don't want to go getting my hopes up.
    Please no, it’s so nice to after so many years to read a movie thread where people seem to have a positive attitude. Don’t take that away, I beg of thee

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    This trailer has got me very excited. A lot of nice nods to G1, only with more believable transformations. I'm looking forward to seeing what Travis Knight has done with the franchise.
    Ditto to the above, gave me goosebumps at the start and a lump in my throat with the bonding scene and then I saw Starscream!!!
    ...and I'm spent

really looking forward to this movies release

bowspearer Guest

I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised about the Bumblebee design - it's not pure G1 with a twist, which I would have liked, but it's not full on Bayformer either. Not saying I love it, but I don't hate it either and it's not something I need to come to terms with.

That said, the head is still a bayformers trainwreck and where the can't talk is concerned, if "Fight of the Bumblebee" were a dead horse, the bones would be pounded into dust at this point.

I swore I'd never watch a Bayformers film after that first awful leaked draft and I wasn't disappointed that I did.

This one I could go either way though.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I haven't watched a TF movie since I switched off halfway through 3 or 4 (I don't even remember) but based on the trailer, I may actually watch this one.

I found it interesting that they are playing on nostalgia for the first film by using the Bobby Bolivia dialogue.

The similarity to Bumblebee meeting Buster might be a coincidence but even so, it's a good one.

I do kinda wish though that they set the film in 1984 rather than in 1987 or later but of course: trailers lie.

Looking forward to seeing this.

I got some really good vibes from the trailer, despite not loving the BB design... so here's hoping!