Page 125 of 154 FirstFirst ... 105115120121122123124125126127128129130135145 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1535

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

Today I saw Skyscraper and it's alright. The movie doesn't spend as much time in a skyscraper as Die Hard does and why would it? Few action movies can stand up to the seminal Die Hard.

Saw The Equalizer 2 today and how underwhelming. It breaks the cardinal rule of making action movie sequels by taking a less equals more approach over a more equals more approach.

Jurassic World 2 Fallen Kingdom

Stupid/mindless but fun if you can turn your brain off. Plot and character development = nonexistent, pretty much nonstop over-the-top action. If you're after a good Jurassic Park movie then skip it, if you want an entertaining-enough dinosaur-themed monster flick it does the job.

The last Jurassic Park/World movie I've seen was 2, so I don't know how much this reflects the new typical tone.

It's basically the Jurassic Park equivalent of Pacific Rim - if you just accept it for what it is it's pretty entertaining.

JMO.

I use that same viewpoint for the TF movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    The last Jurassic Park/World movie I've seen was 2, so I don't know how much this reflects the new typical tone.
    I quite like JP 1 and 3. They both seem to have the Dinosaurs and wonder thing going on pretty well, as well as a good amount of dino danger.

Jurrassic World, I kind of enjoyed, but disliked all the characters. Especially the kids and love interest. Their relationship just felt stupid. Of course she doesn't care about the kids, she never has, why should she suddenly start with them coming to her job?

New trailer for Gunnm just dropped

https://youtu.be/X2BhLUFoIxY

I don’t understand all the negative reactions, I think this looks good for what it is and I’m looking forward to seeing it
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Batman Ninja is pure genius. I saw figures of The Joker and his foot soldiers as well as the title character at Ozcomicon, so I hope the transforming castles are made into toys and from there we can have the combiner. If you haven't seen this movie yet, I highly recommend it because I don't know of any animated Batman movie that could equal this.
    Last edited by shockNwave; 5th August 2018 at 12:58 PM.

Mission impossible fallout. Easy to pick the bady. Action is good. Missing the twists that were in the previous movies, more straight forward. Not as good as earlier installments but enjoyable. They left the broken foot take in the movie. 6/10.

Anyone have ideas on what MCU films could potentially get a UHD Bluray release?

I stopped buying MCU films because I don't want to rebuy a bunch of them unnecessarily. I own everything up to Ant-Man and haven't bought anything since then out of fear that I'll have to rebuy them when Disney finally gets around to releasing UHD Blurays of everything before Disney finally gave up on 3D and joined the UHD bandwagon.

Nothing officially confirmed from Disney. Just store listings which apparently show Avengers 1 and 2 on 4K to be released either August or September. To be taken with a large pinch of salt of course.

But I feel your pain. My MCU collection goes from Blu Ray to 3D Blu Ray and now 4K. But despite all that I won’t be buying any re-releases. 4K upscaling works well enough and the quest for the best quality version would be neverending.

Edit: I stand corrected. Spotted 4K release of Avengers 1 and 2 at JB Hifi.
    Last edited by Ralph Wiggum; 17th August 2018 at 02:40 PM.