Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HasCon Transformers Panel and Display Cases

Default HasCon Transformers Panel and Display Cases

Well it is confirmed, combiner Dinobots (as Volcanicus, and already lined up for the Earth Wars game)!

From the Transformers presentation panel - TFW - Seibertron.

Revealed toys:

• Generations Power Of The Primes Dinobot Combiner Volcanicus
    • Generations Power Of The Primes Leader Class Optimus Prime
    • Generations Power Of The Primes Micronus
    • Convention Exclusives
    • Transformers: Robots In Disguise and The Last Knight toys (nothing new)
    Kids Toylines

• Each panelist stated their favorite Transformers toy.

Transformers Movie Line for kids

• Discussing movies toys. Showcasing Allspark Tech.
    • Behind the scenes of Movie line.
    • Discussing the Transformers: The Last Knight toys now.
    • Hasbro worked with Takara Tomy on the TLK toys for the Armor Up Turbo Changers line.

Transformers: Robots In Disguise

• Discussing Robots In Disguise toys now. We’ll update if there’s anything new that will pop up.
    • Explaining Combiner Force. Inspiration came from designers love for combiners and the Generations revival of the feature was the key.
    • Lots of thought process went into RID Combiner Force. a looooong explanation.

Generations

• Prime Wars Trilogy info now.
    • Micronus goes into Cloudburst decoy armor.
    • New art of Optimus Primal being shown
    • Lots of artwork show. We’ll upload them all.
    • Dinobot Slash, Female, Legends Scale
    • Deluxe Slug – G1 Accurate.
    • Voyage Grimlock
    • All the Dinobots look great. [Awesome!]
    • History of the Dinobots.
    • Dinobot Combiner name – Volcanicus
    • Will have rocker ankles, New technology incorporated
    • New combiner technology with better joints.
    • Leader Optimus Prime now.
    • Orion Pax into G1 prime. Very much like Hot Rod to Rodimus (as seen during SDCC)
    • Prime’s trailer is part of bot mode now, not just cab.

Hascon 2017 Exclusives

• Talking about Hascon 2017 Exclusives now.
    • Arcee first.
    • Predaking teaser shown. NYTF exclusive figure.

Panel Over!!!
    Q&A Time

• There will be Dinobot variants / Repaints down the line.
    The Last Knight

The first product presented and discussed has to do with the concept of Story, and Transformers: The Last Knight - the team shows a clip introducing the Allspark Tech line (which you can see covered here, too).

The team is particularly excited about the story-driven features of the new toy line, from the electronics to the voice clips included in each of the figures.

Next is more The Last Knight coverage, with the Knight Armour line of toys (as previously seen here, for example). Hasbro actually collaborated with Takara on the design for this line, and the helmet designs for the various figures are inspired by actual military wear from across the world.

Robots in Disguise Combiner Force

Swiftly moving on to the Robots in Disguise toy line, with discussion of the collaboration with the animation studios and the creation and design of the combiners from the show (such as Ultra Bee and Menasor). Discussing how the concept had to adhere to the idea of the multiple modes being compatible with each other, while also appealing to the multiple toys in one all in one box.

After the major combiners, the team discusses the Crash Combiners instead, showing Strongarm and Optimus Prime as examples.

Generations - Power of the Primes
    Discussing the idea of reveals, and how the Prime Wars trilogy. Prime Masters being reintroduced along with the confirmation of Optimus Primal as new Prime after fan vote.

Dinobot Slash - first female Dinobot, collaborated with Takara Tomy to create the Legends scale new character.
    Dinobot Slug
    Dinobot Swoop
    Dinobot Snarl
    Dinobot Sludge

Voyager class Grimlock - poseable, interacts with Prime Masters.
    Yoke-san actually talking about the Dinobots' history and how it influenced current designs

All new Dinobot combiner announced: Volcanicus!
    Sludge is leg, Snarl is other leg, Swoop and Slug is arms, Grimlock is torso.
    Ankle tilts!
    Had to think about the joints system for the combiners, in order to hold up the whole figure. Right amount of friction was hard to get.

Leader class reveal - Optimus Prime. Evolving Deluxe Orion Pax into the Autobot Leader.
    Some design topics talking about getting the right space and friction for the Deluxe to fit.
    Discussing the interactive and play pattern for the Matrix and the other Prime-help crystals, blending old stories with new toyline.

Exclusives

Titans Return Arcee and Titans Return Ultra Magnus, as seen before.

Optimus Prime Power Bank also seen before.

A final teaser was the silhouette for Predaking, as per the mockup seen already.

Q&A
    A question about a new Shockwave, which 'will be taken into consideration'.
    The newly revealed toys in the display case - TFW - Seibertron.

A display case of the toys revealed at SDCC. (also includes a display case of various prototypes and unproduced toys)

A very small number of official images from Hasbro (only of what was revealed - the six Dinobots, Leader Optimus and Micronus).
    Last edited by griffin; 9th September 2017 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Added more links and details

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They are G1 style Dinobots. They could add a tag along female black and red Jurassic Park inspired raptor and I would still buy them just to indoctrinate the kids into the awesomeness that is clunky 80s space dinosaurs.

That was a total letdown... just 8 toys revealed. And only from Generations.
    Where's the toy reveals for RID... Movie/Tribute... Rescue Bots... store exclusives.

Considering the entire POTP toyline leaked, I was expecting that they would be at least showing off pretty much everything from that toyline, just to get ahead of the leaks. It seems that their marketing schedule is planned out a long time in advance (revealing certain figures at NYTF, SDCC, NYCC, HasCon) and that schedule just can't be changed.

So disappointing... and would have felt even more ripped off if I had spent the money to go there. It's nice seeing old stuff on display and prototypes, but the new reveals are the big exciting news that you want to be first to witness, and that other people want to see through you.

There is another panel at the end of Sunday, so you would hope that they will be revealing new items... but there is the possibility that it is just a repeat for those who missed the first one because of clashing panels or autographs (like they used to do at BotCon). Because if they did reveal anything new on Sunday afternoon (3-4pm), there isn't really any time left to promote them in the display cases to the general public. (the fans would still find them, but not always)
    Last edited by griffin; 9th September 2017 at 07:59 AM.

I won't be combining the Dinobots but I'm a little put off by the comment about getting the joints right. Makes it sound like they are not using Combiner Wars ports which worries me a bit since the CW ports were so good.

I just noticed that the official image for Swoop has a red chest, but the toy in the display case has a blue chest.
    I wonder which version will be the final version in stores, and if they will do the other version as an exclusive redeco at some point later.

No details about the new "club" either, or where else this Arcee will be sold. Hopefully the Sunday repeat of this panel gives up more news.

I'd be interested in seeing/hearing how full/empty the panel room(s) are... and the overall crowd numbers. Particularly from those who have been to fan conventions and BotCon.
    And their impressions of the "dealer room".
    Last edited by griffin; 9th September 2017 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I won't be combining the Dinobots but I'm a little put off by the comment about getting the joints right. Makes it sound like they are not using Combiner Wars ports which worries me a bit since the CW ports were so good.
    I think thats more a reference to the CW ankle joints and feet, which were on the whole completely garbage.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing/hearing how full/empty the panel room(s) are... and the overall crowd numbers. Particularly from those who have been to fan conventions and BotCon.
    And their impressions of the "dealer room".
    I can take a pretty good guess right now as to what people will say...

"Botcon was way better!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I think thats more a reference to the CW ankle joints and feet, which were on the whole completely garbage.
    I never had any problems with the ankles, but all mine are UW so there might be some better QC for that line.

Dinobots and TR Titanmasters (aka the Primes) just don't do it for me, so maybe this series will be a bit cheaper for me ()

However that Prime is awesome-looks like the MP10 (which I've always wanted but can't justify the price) aesthetic for a third of the price, count me in!

Bugger, I was really hoping for some more/different reveals. I realise that the Dinobots are one of the big ticket announcements here, but they're one of the least interesting sets for me. And seeing them on display/the official images, well...they aren't doing much for me on their own merits either. That Slash looks alright, the rest are all Passes.

I'm still looking forward to the Terrorcons, fembots, etc...basically almsot everything they didn't show.
    Titan-class Predaking silhouette looks...not promising. Hope it looks better in reality/with details.

The dinobots look really good except maybe Sludge with the clunkiness being taken a bit far. Swoop and Slug look great, as does Snarl.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I just noticed that the official image for Swoop has a red chest, but the toy in the display case has a blue chest.
    I wonder which version will be the final version in stores, and if they will do the other version as an exclusive redeco at some point later.

No details about the new "club" either, or where else this Arcee will be sold. Hopefully the Sunday repeat of this panel gives up more news.
    Maybe Swoop is a running change like CW Onslaught, though that never seemed to happen.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust