Page 2 of 467 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Playing Dragon Age: Origins.

It's very, very good.
    Awesome! as I was trusting just the gamespot and gamespy reviews and you know how those can be like. Now I am 100% sure that I will be getting a decent game.

I second Dragon Age Origins. I only have the console version so the graphics are a mixed bag and the lack of a camera zoom out may be a little annoying for many. But much like Mass Effect this game is 75% conversations and 25% action. EXACTLY how I love my WRPG's. Of course the conversations have to be top stuff and it doesn't dissapoint. Bioware has really refined their talk trees to a tee and the scope of the conversations and especially the repercussions of some can linger on for the entire game. Love it!

Been playing Rabbids Go Home & New Super Mario Bros Wii and these two have really been big favorites of mine on a relatively "casually used" console. On the 360 been spending ridiculous amount of hours on the addictive Borderlands and scratching up a storm with DJ Hero. On the handheld front, MArio & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story has been keeping me entertained during my commute to and from work and toilet breaks.

Looking forward to Assassins Creed 2 this week and unsure what else is coming for the rest of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I really like... (board game post snipped)
    Try to recognise that these 'gaming' topics being raised by others, are the 'computer/console' type, not 'board' type. Your posts are essentially offtopic.

If you want to talk about board games, it is best to start a 'boardgame topic' so that your 'offtopic' posts do not annoy people trying to talk about computer games here.

Played online Warzone of 'Killzone 2' last night. Let me just say that I am still getting over the awesomesauce of my first ever 32-player match. Had a few server issues and kept disconnecting though, not when I was playing an Australian-held match, but later when there were know Aussie matches so I had to jump in a European-held. Still, it was pure awesome. Already up to Sergeant 1st Class.

On a side note, follow with me and tell me if you see the logic of what has just happened here at work. I work at Joyce Mayne (which is basically Harvey Norman, same parent company), and head office decided to order us in 72 copies of 'New Super Mario Bros. Wii'. Understandably it's a great new game, but bear in mind games don't sell that well here as people prefer the department stores, EB Games and JB Hi-Fi, and also our store is a little out of the way. It took a year to clear through the 100 copies of 'Halo 3' that we had for launch day (we sold 8 on the first day), if that gives an indication on how well they sell here.

Anywho, 72 copies of 'Mario', and yet last week when 'COD: Modern Warfare 2' launched, arguably the biggest launch in history (resulting in 2 million people on Xbox Live for instance), we got in 2 copies for each PS3, 360 and PC, 2 days after release. 6 copies........2 days after release........72 'Mario'.........

I'd be right in assuming head office is staffed by moronic incompetents, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Try to recognise that these 'gaming' topics being raised by others, are the 'computer/console' type, not 'board' type. Your posts are essentially offtopic.

If you want to talk about board games, it is best to start a 'boardgame topic' so that your 'offtopic' posts do not annoy people trying to talk about computer games here.
    Sorry, I wasn't aware that this topic was exclusively for electronic gaming and thought it was for all kinds of gaming. <shrug> Would it be possible to have the thread topic amended to avoid ambiguity? After all there are gaming communities and stores which exclusively cater for table top gaming (e.g. Games Workshop, Grey Matter Games, Sydney Games Centre etc.)

Maybe the thread title should be changed to:

All Computer/Console Games Thread...

As i would of thought, the "Non-Electronic Games" would of been covered in this thread as well... Even though i don't use them anymore.

Well, most here seemed to recognise that the topic starters (this topic and the one in the intro section) were refering to virtual gaming (on computers and consoles), which is distinctly different to boardgames.
    But if it is necessary to avoid confusing anyone else, the title can be modified.

having a bit of a go at lego rockband atm

Well, most here seemed to recognise that the topic starters (this topic and the one in the intro section) were refering to virtual gaming (on computers and consoles), which is distinctly different to boardgames.
    But if it is necessary to avoid confusing anyone else, the title can be modified.

I have Rock Band on Wii. T'is lots of fun. I wish there were some way to add your own songs to it... t'would be cool to play along to Transformers music.