Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12222728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 15th Anniversary banner details

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Got bored with HTML / CSS crap at work and decided to take a quite break and came up with this:

Banner available for download here: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r...CA_Banner7.jpg

I think we can move on from catering for 800x600 pixels screen size to a 1024x748 screen size now; thus the length of the banner.
    Thats pretty cool im up for it
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Perhaps a Public Poll could be used to determine the most commonly used screen resolution?

This would allow for a more informed idea on what everyone is making use of (Screen-wise) and where the various tweaks to the board's layout and graphics sizes should aim for; As it would make more sense to me at least to cater to the majority, because I can't see many people still using 4:3 CRT monitors (With a Max Resolution of 1024x768) and I'd also imagine that Mac/PC users would be more prevalent than Mobile users - but this is what such a Poll would determine IMO.

I know it's a hell of a lot of work, but as mentioned for a while last year; the boards could do with a little sprucing and there's a number of members with Web development skills that might be wiling to lend a hand.
    (I just wish I were one of them )

And don't forget Mobile resolutions. People might have bigger computer monitors but people have smaller devices.

A better way to know screen sizes would be through stats analysis (and Griffin I'm still willing to help you setup website traffic monitoring).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And don't forget Mobile resolutions. People might have bigger computer monitors but people have smaller devices.

A better way to know screen sizes would be through stats analysis (and Griffin I'm still willing to help you setup website traffic monitoring).
    I did mention Mobile users dude & whilst stat analysis would certainly be an excellent tool;
    I think giving people a public say (via a Poll) would definitely go a long way in showing their opinions matter, whilst also showing a healthy amount of transparency.
    (Rather than solely relying on a 'Behind closed doors' mechanism )

Sometimes everyone having their say just doesn't work (see those dead end threads suggesting a stop-motion video, a podcast, a fan comic, a fan convention etc).

As a professional worker in the webspace I can tell you there's nothing harder than everyone wanting their say in how it looks.

Sometimes everyone having their say just doesn't work (see those dead end threads suggesting a stop-motion video, a podcast, a fan comic, a fan convention etc).

As a professional worker in the webspace I can tell you there's nothing harder than everyone wanting their say in how it looks.
    Perhaps, but the issue with the threads you've mentioned:

...is that they were threads aimed at discussion and not Poll based threads focused on determining specific details - One only has to look at how frequently used the Review Thread's Polls are to see how short, direct and helpful they are.

A simple poll that looks like this for example:
    -What resolution do you predominantly use on your PC/Mac Monitor?
    • 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1280x960
    • 1600x900
    • 1680x1050

...I feel, will have a response that is going to be far more succinct, concise and reflective than a discussion thread asking: What resolution do you think we should use?.

One could also run, simultaneously, a Poll asking:
    -Which device do you predominantly view OTCA with?
    • Mobile Device
    • Tablet/Smart-Phone
    • PC/Mac
    Last edited by Hursticon; 13th April 2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Hey there, the stop motion project is still going. Just working on other projects now, like podcasts

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    A simple poll that looks like this for example:
    -What resolution to you predominantly use on your PC/Mac Monitor?
    • 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1280x960
    • 1600x900
    • 1680x1050

...I feel, will have a response that is going to be far more succinct, concise and reflective than a discussion thread asking: What resolution do you think we should use?.

One could also run, simultaneously, a Poll asking:
    -Which device do you predominantly view OTCA with?
    • Mobile Device
    • Tablet/Smart-Phone
    • PC/Mac
    The use of this poll is definitely an easier and great idea!
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    The use of this poll is definitely an easier and great idea!
    Glad someone agrees.
    It looks to be in poor form posting this now, but your latest Banner Juz looks excellent! - I like how it's balanced with the characters on either side and the placement of the text, the resolution of the source pic is spot on too.

I really couldn't care how wide the banner is but if anyone makes the width of the content fixed then I'll fight! I like that it's flexible to work with every monitor and device I use and not cluttered like other boards that shall go unnamed

JuzMel's banner quoted in this thread breaks the display on an iPhone do might be a smidge too wide in regular place.

But Griffin has plans for the banners so don't get too far ahead of him. If anything creative people like Juzmel and Skywarp should look at ideas for the "home page". That's my thought anyway.