Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: January '08 Acquisitions

Hey Liegeprime, what's that loose black seeker?

'think that is a customed repaint by stencilator

not sure what name, liegeprime has given it

Good haul by everyone so far... nothing yet for me :/ but we'll see

[formerly]MISB Hasbro Reissue Hoist, huge throbbing thanks to Iceburn!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    huge throbbing thanks to Iceburn!
    That's funny.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    That's Nightfall.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    'think that is a customed repaint by stencilator

not sure what name, liegeprime has given it
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    That's Nightfall.
    Ting dingding ding and we have a winnah!!!! TDD remembers hehehehe yup Nightfall - Stencilator custom painted him as my very own character (made of leftover seeker parts I put together) I also bequethed him the Starsword ( from a binaltech arming case) and he's my official greeter for "new arrivals" starting '08 in the toyroom! My neutral avatar.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

G1 Roadblock in the mail today. One of the dreaded Gold Plastic Syndrome brigade. Some minor chips on the fists, but all the joints are fine. Not that I'll ever transform him save for the review!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    G1 Roadblock in the mail today. One of the dreaded Gold Plastic Syndrome brigade. Some minor chips on the fists, but all the joints are fine. Not that I'll ever transform him save for the review!
    yeah, The arm of the little bot in mine broke in just the first few minutes since I unpacked and played with him. He's more of a statue now (fixed) I only pose the outer shells. Stupid gold syndrome hmp dont even try on yours lest you end with a decapitated inner bot.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I would love to mate. It's just that it'd have to be all indoors. No backyard on the first floor.
    Drat. That'd make it harder for me to nick off with.... I mean, enjoy the comforts of a bbq in the backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    What does RC mean? And how do you play them?
    Saintly already explained the the RC part so I'll just confirm on the play part. The play value isn't great. The gun really only holds the toy when you're not playing so it doesn't shoot the TF off. To play with this Spychanger, you've got to point at the car with the gun and use two arrow buttons: backward and forward. It's not that much fun after awhile because you can't really do turns, it's just straight back and forth. Good for $10 tho. If you want, I'll nab u some if they're still on sale on Saturday. Last time I was there, there was only Barricade and BB left.

For me today:

G1 Pointblank w/ Peacemaker. It's been awhile since I first bought a G1 figure of any value and given I intend to complete my G1 collection by years end, this is where I start. I nabbed it at $55. Can't complain cos I'd budgeted for more!

The toy's in excellent nick and stickers are really really impressive. I think this guy was an ex-collector, he' took exceptional care with the toy to keep it this good for so long.

One of the frustrating things I've found was all the extra paperwork is a pain. I normally don't give a rats when buying but I hate ending up with the paperwork b/c feel obliged to store it away safely b/c of the vintage nature of it.