Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic book thread ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Yes, you can relax - it was a dream sequence. It gets more and more ridiculous and climaxes with Emma Frost and Loki semi-naked and chained up to his throne Return-of-the-Jedi-style.
    I know Loki is a woman now... but I did forget for a moment there when I read your post.

Just finished reading the Criminal: Bad Night trade. Brubaker and Phillips weaved together such a dark and multi-levelled thread. You have a general idea where the plot is moving but that's all you have. What happens as you progress through is that more and more layers are added to the characters and conflicts and at the very end of it, the whole book explodes in so many levels.

Brilliant and definitely one of the reads of the year for me. A pity this was this last volume of Criminal. Bru and Phillips make a great team. It's also a pity that there aren't more comics of this nature. You've either got the superheroes or the gratutious T&A or the gratuitious horror/violence which is pretty sad as Criminal reminds you how unique a medium comics is.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Just finished reading War of Kings #3.

Gladiator's finally grown a pair and has joined Lillandra to oppose Vulcan!

'BOUT TIME!

OMG! The original Thunderbolts are back!!!! F--- YEAH!!!!
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

who here is reading Dark Reign??? and if so, do you know why the hell no one, except for the heroes, knows Norman Osborn was/is the green goblin?????

this whole thing is totally frustrating as hell, why dont people see that Norman is true evil?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

oh well, with Cap back, Im sure this wont last long

Maybe the Devil did it? (Seriously as a side effect of Brand New Day)

Norman's always denied, denied, denied it. I remember it being a plot point in "The Pulse" and the Mark Millar "Spider-Man" series.

that is a very valid point!!!

I over looked the whole BND crap. could not agree with it at all!

I hope the Dark Reign ends real soon!

dont get me started on Osborn......

oh, I want to!!! but guessing you're feeling the same as me towards him!

gggrrrrrrrr!!!!

But Norman doesn't deny his past, he's actually admitted to it and claimed that he was sick and that he's now better.

Evidenced in that he was put in charge of the T-Bolts and now H.A.M.M.E.R. He's the poster boy for redemption! He's also the guy who blew the brains out of the Skrull Queen.

You know ... Skrull Queen ... leader of the invading alien horde. Yeah, that's gonna give you some pretty big prestige points with the general public who were suffering at the hands of the Skrulls.

Plus he was able to pin the invasion on Tony Stark, you know, the guy who also forced the public through a nasty super-hero Civil War and then there was his involvement in what the Hulk did in New York.

Love him or hate him, I think they've done a pretty good job of building up Norman. Not just by "redeeming" him through the T-Bolts, but by making the general public (in the comics) suffer from mistakes caused by the super-heroes themselves.

But if you're sick of Norman, take a trip into space. War of Kings is just as good as Annihilation and Annihilation:Conquest. And if that doesn't tickle your fancy, well DC's doing that little thing called "Blackest Night".