I liked some artist's styles better than others, but that's a personal taste thing. The cool thing about having a different artist on each page is that it offers a variety which would cater for different people's tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
Oh and you guys are bastards for leaving us hanging!
I really liked the ending. It's meant to be one of those "Over The Top" stories - quite popular with WWI stories which saw the height of trench warfare - the kind of story that you usually don't follow up (at least, not straight after).

We had a moment like this in G1 in a flashback where Optimus Prime and some Autobots are fighting in a trench on Cybertron, hopelessly outnumbered and getting slaughtered. One Autobot despairs and begs Prime to surrender to the Decepticons before more Autobots are lost.
Optimus Prime: "Do you have the White Flag?"
Autobot: "The flag? Oh, yes, the Flag! Thank Primus! I'll tie it to the front battlements and--"
Optimus Prime: "You'll bind my wound with it, soldier!"
...soon after that Prime leads a charge over the top with all the Autobots following screaming, "NEVER SURRENDER! NEVER SURRENDER! NEVER SURRENDER!"

...of course, on the next page we see Powermaster Optimus Prime in New Jersey, kneeling in front of Scorponok and placing his Autobot badge on the rain-soaked mud in front of Scorponok's feet saying, "In the name of the Autobots, we surrender!"

I don't know if the whole over the top thing in War Journal is supposed to be a homage to that G1 scene (I thought the beginning of this story had correlations/tributes to G2 but TF Mosaic said that it was just coinkidinkly) but even coincidentally it's a neat parallel.