Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers: War Journal

TF Mosaic Guest

Default Transformers: War Journal

Transformers: War Journal.
    Story: John-Paul Bove
    Script: John-Paul Bove, Josh van Reyk & Jon Stone.
    Art: Tom Parish, Casey Coller, Matt C. Adams, Shane Anderson, Richard Cookson, Stanley Chou, John Flores, Jon Stone, Stavros Kundromichalis, Jeremy Tiongson & Evan Gauntt.
    Colors: John-Paul Bove.
    Letters: Bernie Lee.
    Covers: Josh Burcham, Tom Parrish, Kent Lin.
    Sketch Cover: Andrew Wildman.

TF Mosaic Guest

TF Mosaic Guest

Well, here we are. HUGE thanks to all the talented artists who have contributed to this project; all of your hard work has made this comic so much more that I ever imagined. Special thanks to both John-Paul Bove and Bernie Lee for their amazing work and dedication, without them this project would not nearly be as “professional.” Extra special thanks to both Andrew Wildman and Josh Burcham for their contributions. I have been very blessed to have been involved in this project and am extremely amazed with how this has turned out.

I hope you all enjoy reading this piece, as much as I have helping to create it.

- Josh van Reyk

TF Mosaic Guest

It seems I just can't get enough of the spotlight;

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=141580

glad to see you posting in the new board, TF mosaic wasn't sure if this war journal was coming across

I see Flash made it to the final Charge.

That makes me very happy.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Well done. I enjoyed reading that.

It was a fairly good story and I liked how they had a different artist for each page offering a nice variety. Slingshot was kinda annoying at first and overall his persona felt more like Blades than Slingshot. Slingshot is a blowhard but Blades is more of the gung-ho type - although it was really cool how they exploited Blades' preference for melee combat and use of his rotor blades as a blade weapon (hence his name!). That was nice. But Slingshot turned out to be cool at the end when he accepted his duty - which is perfectly in line with his persona.

The relationship between First Aid and Minerva was done interestingly... I like how it was portrayed primarily as a close bond resulting from a professional relationship as medics rather than making them "lovers" which would've reeked of blatant fanboy fappage.

The plot complication and resolution was well written and I enjoyed it. And that final page looks really nice.

My only gripes (and they're minor) would be:
    1/ Silverbolt's reference to the Aerialbots as "men." *shudder* Brought back bad memories of the Armada dub.
    2/ First Aid's ambulance front kibble on his back... none of the artists got that right in terms of toy-accuracy (or even G1 show/comic likeness where that piece of kibble was removed) ... everyone drew it upside down! (o_O)

But overall, good effort!

I just got through that. Awesome work. I'd shell out bucks to buy this. It's better than the TFCC comics that I've seen, thus far. The crux of the story was well done and I liked how the story flowed well despite the artistic differences.

btw don't mind Gok's criticisms, he's like that with everything. And I think anyone doing Transformers stuff like this is a fanboy anyway.

The character work was awesome. Giving each character that little moment to shine without one character totally overwhelming the story. Hopefully in future ones, you guys will do a Decepticon tale.

There were many excellent pieces of writing for example on one of the latter pages there was a narration on how everyone changed and there was a close up on Superion and First Aid.

Lots of other moments too.

The one thing that got me was the narration, I couldn't always quite follow who was narrating...

Great work. I hope one day to get this in comic form. The production qualities are very high and I'd rate you fellas better than Nick Roche! I don't like him particularly much but hopefully if he's getting gigs, you guys will too one day.

Oh and you guys are bastards for leaving us hanging!

Thoroughly enjoyed it and I like all the different styles in drawing from all the artist's.