Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "MISB" Shockwave scam auction

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    The bidding has passed $100 :O

This asshat must be stopped... no matter the cost.
    ... and so llamatron tyransforms but get cut down by a big axe in tidbits throwing his life so recklessly.....

seriously though this is a good spot llama..... some poor soul is gonna be mighty unhappy when they receive their fake Shockwave ... gone are the days when you can spot who's bidding from the bidlogs so at least you can contact and warn the poor sods of their error. hopefully its all shill bids..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    ... and so llamatron tyransforms but get cut down by a big axe in tidbits throwing his life so recklessly.....

seriously though this is a good spot llama..... some poor soul is gonna be mighty unhappy when they receive their fake Shockwave ... gone are the days when you can spot who's bidding from the bidlogs so at least you can contact and warn the poor sods of their error. hopefully its all shill bids..
    I am skeptical that the recipient would even notice.

I don't get it. Can't people see that the freaking barrel is missing?! There's a picture right below it!

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    At the Parra fair you have idiots paying ridiculous 300-400% mark ups on KOs. They could easily go online and buy the legit item for less than what they are paying there yet they still go ahead and buy the fair KO.

If you tell them they are buying a KO, they just look confused back at you or indifferent.
    You have to point out the Kos to me at the next fair!

From reading this thread,.. I never knew just how unaware and gullible most people are. But I can see the danger from these g1 kos being passed off as legit. Perhaps these are people are just casual collectors who don't know enough or arent prudent enough to research or join a forum, but see this and remember their childhood and want it...I would never even buy a fig for that much before doing a minimum amount of research.

That's why i joined this forum before I really started getting into collecting as I knew that no matter how much I try to research individually, can't beat the knowledge of a TF community with mounds of insight and experience.

Makes me sad seeing the auction and the price being bidden up...

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    You have to point out the Kos to me at the next fair!
    There is a seller that 'specializes' in selling G1 accurate KOs and super marked up Masterpiece figures. I don't recall seeing him at the last fair but he is well known by fans here who attend the fair.
    Last edited by kup; 12th February 2011 at 07:16 PM.

this guy has pulled the listing this is what i asked

Question:

Hi hows it going? This item looks like a knock off (copy). The real one has black screws and I noticed yours has silver screws. I also noticed the barrel is definately not there so are u sure its mint in sealed box. IS this really the real one?? Thanks

Answer:

I thought it was real and there is a rattle in box which is gun barrel and it is misb. When I bought it I thought it was real but now after you said that I'm unsure lol so I am going to cancel the listing till I know more about the toy.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    this guy has pulled the listing this is what i asked

Question:

Hi hows it going? This item looks like a knock off (copy). The real one has black screws and I noticed yours has silver screws. I also noticed the barrel is definately not there so are u sure its mint in sealed box. IS this really the real one?? Thanks

Answer:

I thought it was real and there is a rattle in box which is gun barrel and it is misb. When I bought it I thought it was real but now after you said that I'm unsure lol so I am going to cancel the listing till I know more about the toy.
    Congratulations on getting him to take it down.

However isn't he contradicting himself? Didn't he say that it was from his dad's collection?

However isn't he contradicting himself? Didn't he say that it was from his dad's collection?
    Yeah. so it shows he was lying. Atleast stick with the story if you're gonna lie like that.

His dad sold it to him. He's a scammer too.

Actually, I'm not certain that the guy isn't still scamming. As far as we know, he could be selling it out of eBay to the high bidder.

At least he ended it, probably going to sell it to the kid with the $100 his mum gave him