Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DOTM Sentinel Prime bot mode

Love it, right up there with Voyager Shockwave and Megs as the best of the DOTM line so far, at least for me.

I never buy leader class, I simply don't believe they are worth it, but Sentinel Prime is seriously tempting me to make an exception!

If you've not broken that run for Leader class Starscream then I doubt this will sway you
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

So this character's coming out in the film, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I guess Optimus Prime wasn't the last prime after all... If it is a pre-existing character, The Fallen should have known about it, or at least sensed it if he could sense the death of Optimus in TF2.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    Wasn't it stated in the films that Megs & Optimus are brothers and that Optimus was descended from the original Primes? Wouldn't that make Megatron a Prime as well?

*EDIT*
    found the quote about them being brothers

Optimus Prime: [to a dying Megatron] You left me no choice, brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There was so much debate over that at the time by the fans as to the context, but if I recall, the writers mentioned at botcon, that it was meant to be like 'brothers in arms'... but since it was never specifically stated in the movie, I always thought that Megatron is theoretically a Prime if lineage earns the title. It would explain why The Fallen kept him close or converted him if only a Prime could kill him... but shoulda just killed the 'threat' and be done with it. Maybe he thought the irony of having a Prime worship him and do his bidding was just too delicious to pass up.
    Unless Megatron is descended from Megatronus Prime, which was The Fallen's original name until, ya know, he became The Fallen and everyone forgot what he used to be called. In which case The Fallen is mentoring his direct descendant.

I personally prefer to believe that they were brothers-in-arms.

But yeah, if Sentinel Prime exists, then clearly Optimus wasn't the last of the Primes. Unless Sentinel Prime was:
    + Created from Optimus Prime's Spark, like Lio Junior.
    + From another dimension or the future and arrived after the demise of The Fallen.
    + Is Drift.

The thing is Sentinel Prime was deactivated or in stasis for probably millions of years, that's basically a death like state and it's probably likely that The Fallen couldn't detect his life signal or whatever it is like he used to detect Prime's death.

You know what would be even more awesome than this toy? It being used as part of a Botcon Protectobots set (obviously re-purposed as Hot Spot).

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    You know what would be even more awesome than this toy? It being used as part of a Botcon Protectobots set (obviously re-purposed as Hot Spot).

Brillant! Just need the other four, but who would they use?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But yeah, if Sentinel Prime exists, then clearly Optimus wasn't the last of the Primes. Unless Sentinel Prime was:
    + Created from Optimus Prime's Spark, like Lio Junior.
    + From another dimension or the future and arrived after the demise of The Fallen.
    + Is Drift.
    I think Fonecrusher has the most likely answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonecrusher View Post
    The thing is Sentinel Prime was deactivated or in stasis for probably millions of years, that's basically a death like state and it's probably likely that The Fallen couldn't detect his life signal or whatever it is like he used to detect Prime's death.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Yeah, but pity the Bay-formers are off limits to the BotCon people.
    A redeco by Hasbro would still be pretty much expected, and Hotspot could be high on their list of potential options.