Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: DOTM - not excited? [possible spoils]

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post

Alice was the only good bit in the film. She needs a toy.

I don't think Hasbro make toys like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime
    Actually, there were lots of incidents that occured since the discovery of the "Ice Man,"
    I was more referring to the bi-plane, model-t photos Simmons had in his files. Sector 7 only referred to MBE-1, seemed surprised to see other robots around the place. I don't seem to remember any nazis in the movies, maybe I missed something

Do we know if Soundwave was floating around in Earth orbit during the events of the first film, or did he arrive some time after?
    This is true.. but again, given the time the Decepts have been hanging around, it seemed strange. Maybe they had to thaw out Megs before the smarts of "operation matrix fairy dust" really took off.

Not if it's inactive and not giving out any signals, energy signatures etc.
    Also true, but from the trailer the ship looked pretty big. Given all the robots in the second movie, I'd imagine one would say "whats going on over there?"

the original Fallen character from Neo-G1
    I hoped it was something clever, Megatron falling in the first, getting his revenge and all that. Not literally a guy called 'Fallen'. Reminds me of 'Attack of the Clones'.

I think Weaving Megatron is fine.
    I think Cullen spent too many years as a donkey

A bit too much free reign perhaps.
    Agreed... when compared with something like the IDW comics or War for Cybertron..... I guess I'm spoiled.

I wish Hasbro wouldn't approve Transformers for the film that they have no intention of making toys of.
    Classic example.... Arcee

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    Alice was the only good bit in the film. She needs a toy.
    Realdolls? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow
    Comparing Beast Wars to the G1 cartoon is like comparing apples and rotten orange peel.
    Apples and rotten oranges still grow on trees... I was comparing character development, that is all
    Peace Through Tyranny

Bay blamed the writer's strike for the quality of ROTF. What will he blame if DOTM suffers the same fate?

I enjoyed how the Autobots have war-hardened in ROTF. If they were still defensive and least likely to kill a decepticon, it would be a boring film. It would just be two and a half hours of Autobots running and hiding. They've stepped up coz they're sick of getting their arses kicked. I hope this final film is to the death. I want bodies (robots and humans) all over the ground. I want destruction. Maybe a handful of bots left by the end. Make it memorable. Make it shock(wave) the audience

I can't believe ppl are justifying cold blooded murder by the 'good guys'!
    War hardened is one thing. Shooting a bot in the face that is obviously incapacitated is another.
    It was done purely to make Prime into a 'bad ass'. It doesn't. It makes him a sociopath.
    Optimus Prime should not be Mr. Blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I agree.. they did plenty of running and hiding in the TV series. ROTF its more the Decepticons are running and hiding and the Autobots are searching the planet for any life signs, then going straight in for the kill.

Prime's execution of a fleeing Demolishor, and I still can't believe Ravage had his spine ripped out.

Cold-blooded (in a robot?) murder in a Decepticon makes sense. They're supposed to be the bad guys that tried to enslave the planet a number of times in the cartoons - this is what the Autobots should protect against, not arbitrarily exterminate.

BC
    Peace Through Tyranny

Guys, guys, guys....This isn't your daddy's Transformers. It's a different interpretation of the Transformers universe including changes to certain characters personalities (look at Jetfire ferchrisakes!), so if you can't handle that then I suggest going home and crying to mumma.

I don't actually believe Prime was being unbotmane anyway. He basically had to totally **** Demolishor up before he would stop killing you, your family and your little pet Catilla too. What was he meant to do with the fubar, no doubt beyond repair Demolishor once he was finally stopped? "Oh come on guys, he's 10 times our height and weighs the same as a small country but come on, let's muck together and carry him home where we can start on the repairs!" *cue BB shooting himself in the face*

Yes, the execution itself may have seemed a bit psycho at the time but Prime's all about saving humanity and just witnessed hundreds of human lives go down the proverbial. Can you blame him for being a bit pissed?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Guys, guys, guys....This isn't your daddy's Transformers. It's a different interpretation of the Transformers universe including changes to certain characters personalities (look at Jetfire ferchrisakes!)
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    +1

Yes in films the good guys sometimes have to kill the bad guys (or allow them to die). It happens. It even happens in most Disney animated films! But shooting a defeated opponent, and one that was causing no trouble until you showed up to kill him, isn't what you expect outside a film about the Punisher.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, right? Someone said that once. I thought it was Prime. I prefer to believe that the robot Prime shot in the head was just another of the dozens or more mindless drone constructicons, like the ones that appear later, rather than a living sentient Transformer.

DEMOLISHOR: I know you're not going to kill me, Optimus. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, right?

<BLAM!>

PRIME: Now you're free, bitch.

Okay so let's just say we're at the scene where Prime, Ironhide etc. rock up in front of the defeated (and totally fubar) Demolishor. We already know how Bay's version ends, what would people opposed to this ending like to see happen? I'm genuinely intrigued.