Yeah, the Scraplets are clearly meant to be a homage to the G1 Scraplets. Although visually they look quite similar to G1's Meccanibals. Some people say that Reedman from Revenge of the Fallen was a kind of a Scraplet too, especially because Reedman himself is like a 'Scraplet gestalt'. The TF Prime Scraplets never merged though, which was kinda disappointing because as soon as I saw Scraplets in this is episode, I was looking forward to seeing them combine... didn't happen. :/

It's interesting how they made cold temperatures a weakness for Scraplets as opposed to the G1 Scraplets whose weakness was what the Cybertronians thought of as a rare legendary chemical

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L_PRiME
* - Is this Transformers?? BB and BH transform just once and thats it
Being stuck inside Autobot HQ I suppose there wasn't much opportunity for them to transform -- but when I saw the Ground Bridge open up and seeing Bulkhead volunteer himself as the "bait," I was expecting him to transform and drive through the Ground Bridge, but he didn't. :/ Perhaps he was too damaged to transform by that stage... but yeah, seeing him roll through it would've been cooler than watching him awkwardly run through it.

Also, if Prime and Arcee wanted to conserve body heat, wouldn't it be more effective to do so folded up in vehicle mode? (I imagine it would reduce their bodies' surface area to volume ratio)

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L_PRiME
* - No Decepticons
It's nice to have a different plot complication that doesn't involve Decepticons for a change. And the Scraplets are from Cybertron, and a neat tribute to G1 fans who would've recognised them straight away.

And I agree with what UltraMarginal said about this episode giving the humans the opportunity to save the day... the main complaint a lot of people have about humans in Transformers is their relative lack of contribution to the storyline, so here we actually have them making constructive contributions to the plot.

Seeing Raf go ape on that Scraplet... as Miko said, totally didn't see that coming!