Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Did We miss Reveal the Shield Series 1 (finally out in AUS)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    hmm i dont think you can use a laybuy sevice online so online doesnt really help me when i want to purchase transformers
    I never thought of that... but then again, I've never used laybuy ever in my life so it's not something that would occur to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's fine, but I like the satisfaction of having the toy now when I pay for it.
    So if it's a matter of patience, the question then should be which one requires more patience, ordering it online and waiting for it to arrive? Or keeping your fingers crossed that they release the item here and then running all over town looking for it?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Anyway, I think there are pros and cons to both online and offline shopping... I personally have a preference for offline shopping. It's the way I've predominantly been buying Transformers for the past 27 years
    I'm the opposite, in the 18 mths of collecting of TFs, I prefer to buy them online so I don't have to run around and I'm guaranteed that I get them (quite often ages before they're released locally).

I guess for me, time and convenience outweigh every perceived con for online shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's not Hasbro AU's job to have every TF available in this country. Their job is only to make sure they have stock of each size class that Stores want, when they want it. If Hasbro AU decides to save money by ordering in a lot of one particular wave, and send that out to stores (who don't really care what specific figures they get) for a longer period of time, it's their choice, because they are a business. We have such a small market in this country for toys, it's never been a guaranteed thing to have every general release toy here, and Cybertron was the closest we ever got with only one figure not released here. We just hope for the most toys possible, and resort to importing the ones we don't get... that's how its been, since forever.
    Hasbro NZ (a division of Hasbro AU) have dropped the bomb with RtS and Generations. Retail stores have too much product from before Xmas, and so the last wave of Generations that New Zealand gets is Thunderwing/Skullgrin and WFC Cliffjumper. And we miss out on Deluxe and Voyager Reveal the Shield. We may get Legends and Windcharger wave of Scouts has been found at Kmart.

So, importing is what I have been doing.
    It sucks, but I have the means thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I never thought of that... but then again, I've never used laybuy ever in my life so it's not something that would occur to me.

So if it's a matter of patience, the question then should be which one requires more patience, ordering it online and waiting for it to arrive? Or keeping your fingers crossed that they release the item here and then running all over town looking for it?

I'm the opposite, in the 18 mths of collecting of TFs, I prefer to buy them online so I don't have to run around and I'm guaranteed that I get them (quite often ages before they're released locally).

I guess for me, time and convenience outweigh every perceived con for online shopping.
    um in batemans bay there is only a kmart which is not far from where i work so i usually check in my lunchbreak, so i dont really have to do much running around, i have brought online as a last resort if i cant get a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Actually to be fair, he didn't report seeing Fallback or Mindset, but really, people only really care about Jazz and Tracks right?
    Boo!

I want Mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Boo!

I want Mindset.
    I have a spare one in my sales thread if you're serious